sábado, 15 de agosto de 2020

Catching up: A lot of work and training consistency

This week has been crazy with work, but the running has been going Good. Although sometimes I did not feel like running. 

Monday  - After work  at 8 p.m. I did 8 laps in the Blasco park watchless. I just ran easy. Felt like crap the first lap, but then felt better. 7.2k total.

Tuesday - Again ran after work, Did 8 laps in the Blasco park again watchless. This time I incorporated 6 strides from laps 6 to 8. Felt very flat during the run, but during the strides felt pretty Good. Untimed.

Wednesday - I almost skip the run, because I worked 12 hours that day, but then thought better of it. Becuase on Wednesday you are supposed to do a workout. I went to the Blasco park and decided to run 15 mins easy to warm up, including 5 x 50m striders to warm up. Felt much better after the warm up, then did a couple of legs swings. Raised my knees to loosen up a bit. No formal drills, I did not want to lose too much time on that, since I was already demotivated. Did 4 x 1 lap and then did 1 x 1:40 ( to simulate around 400m). Started the first one controlled but fast, recovered around 3:30 between repeats,and each one got progressevely faster. Did 3:57,3:56,3:52, 3:43. That last repeat really surprised me, since I dont think it was that fast. Then did 1:40 a tad faster  to finish the workout. Then did 15 mins cool down. So from thinking of skiping the day to do a decent workout, after a 12 work day. Not bad.

Thursday - After work did 8 laps in the Blasco park watchless. The pace was really easy, was feeling tired from Wednesday`s workout so just kept the effort really easy. I am running around 8 p.m., since the sun is too strong at 7:Xx. 

I am really liking to do the easy runs watchless, since the main purpose is recovery you dont really need to time these runs. Also, you dont feel tempted to speed up if you see a slow Split.

Friday -  I took the day off as usual. The last 3 days has been 12 hours of work. I have to say that these hours are self imposed. I think that I am a workaholic in some way. Its amazing how productive you can be when you get to work at 6:xx in the morning. 

Saturday -  Today in the morning, at 8:05 a.m. I headed out to the Turia park to do my tempo run. When I got to the Turia park I was already very sweated. After the 10 mins Incorporated 5 x 50m strides until the 15 mins that I got there. Then did a couple of legs swings and raised my legs and knees. I have found that I really dont need too many drills, to be honest, to run at the pace I run, you dont need those Dynamic things. A lot of people are going to disagree, but oh well! I just got back to my usual warm up routine and just decreased the drills that I thought were doing more harm tan Good, those exagerated movements, made me look like an elite and were stiffing my muscles between quads and wrist. So I just got back to my warm up of 15 mins incorporating 5 x 50m strides and a couple of legs swings and I am ready to go.

Before starting my 5k tempo I was already very sweated. I started conservative, but at a Good effort and when my watch read 4:50 for the first km, felt dissapointed, since I did not see a 23 mins happeing today like last week, I decided not too look at the watch for the rest of run, of course, I took my splits without looking. I felt that I was going faster tan the first km, but sometimes felt slower. The last km, especially the last 300m I really moved my legs faster but without losing my form. In the end ran 24:05 wich splits of 4:50, 4:53, 2:26 (12:10 halfway), 2:25, 4:50, 4:38. Second half in 11:55. Not bad, considering the crazy days of work and the lack of sleep. I Will take it. I would rather that the 7 seconds would have been in the other direction ( not in the slowness direction). When I had 3 mins of cool down I saw my brother and we ran together until the completion of my cool down (16 mins). I did 10k total or so for the day. Decent workout and decent effort.

Tomorrow I Will wear a watch in my long run, to see if I can get some MP effort kms.

Have a great Saturday!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario