sábado, 8 de agosto de 2020

Catching up

Sunday -  I ran at night, later than I would have liked. I ran with my brother in the Blasco park at 20:30 in the Blasco park. I started feeling a bit tired from the tempo progression the day before. However, as I did not do my normal long run. I decided after 2.5 laps of easy running to start running at about maratón effort, but a couple of laps were faster. Actually felt better running at the faster paces. Did the last 5 laps in 4:37,4:44,4:22,4:40,4:28. I actually ran more than 5 laps at that pace , around 5k, in around 25:15s or 25:20s something like that, so decent effort. Finished 8 laps in 39:42 total time. Finished feeling strong, but a Little guilty because I did not do my long run.

Good week of training, 6 runs , 3 workouts.1 hard and 2 médium intensity.

Monday August 3rd - I have decided to do my easy runs watchless for a while, lets see how it goes.Did 8 laps in the Blasco park easy watchless. Felt really Good at the end. No worried if I did 44, or 45 or 46 mins. Just ran easy. Ran after work as usual.

Tuesday - My brother wanted to do a mile time trial, but I accepted to do it at his pace, I dont want to do any time trial after 10+ hours of work. I ran watchless again, warmed up to the turia park, did drills, strides and we went out, I built a gap with 400m to go and I finished in 6:34 or something like that according to his watch. He finished in 6:36, he ran 23 seconds faster than last time. I ran hard, not all out, but definately working hard and the legs did not give a lot. The mile is a difficult event, because you have to pace it correctly, if you go out too fast you Will burn out, if you go out too slow, the race is over before you know it. Good effort nonetheless. I have to do a max effort time trial myself to see in what shape I am in really. It was fun, my brother in his last time trial finished in 37 second last 200s, so thats what I made a move with 400s to go, I did not want to be outsprinted, He almost did though. After that, just more easy running for a total of 8k of running or something like that. Felt really Good on the cool down.

Wednesday - After work, did 8 laps in the Blasco park watchless, felt like crap in the first lap, but then felt really Good. Too much stress at work, but the running helps. Felt amazing after running.

Thursday - I almost skip the run, but hang tough and went out, felt really Good after the first lap. I incorporated 6 strides after 6 laps to 8 laps. Did 8 laps total feeling pretty Good despite the heat. Another Good watchless run. I have been liking watchless easy runs.

Friday -  Planned day off.

Today in the morning at 08:30 a.m. I met with my brother and Jorge,. We were going to do our normal 5k tempo run. I wore a watch today, in my warm up felt like crap,legs felt flat . I was not really positive, but I had to try and get the workout in. After the easy warm up of 16 mins, some drills and some 50m striders I felt much better and were ready to go. When we started the tempo I felt decent ut thirsty. I built a gap after the 300m I built a gap and never looked back. They finished pretty close to me though. They are in Good shape and I finally run sub 24 mins today, running 23:58. Fastest time since quarantine, On my last run before quarantine I did 23:37, was strong there, after quarantine, all my tempos has been from 24:08 to 24:49 until today where I finally pull off 23:58 after running hard the last 200m without losing the form, because I knew I was pretty close. Jorge and my brother did 24:22 and 24:34 respectively. My brother has improved a lot since quarantine, myself not so much. I have been working a lot lately though. Finished feeling strong, but very thirsty. We walked some, talked some and then I did 15 mins cool down to home.

Splits were:4:43,4:52,2:23 (11:57 halfway) at that time I did not think I could run sub 24 mins given how I was feeling, luckily my pace did not  change that much, 2:25, 4:53,4:41. In the last 200m as I said I pushed without straining because i knew I was close to going sub 24 mins. Feeling happy to have run sub 24 mins again, but a lot of work to do to get down to my 15k race shape.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario