domingo, 16 de agosto de 2020

Long run: 80 mins

Today I woke up at 7:00 a.m. to get my long run in. I went out at 8:15 a.m. though. Today it was not that humid, so the run felt much more confortable than last week, I finished feeling thirsty at the end. I wore my watch, because I wanted to do 5k at marathon effort ( in reality is closer to half marathon pace), but I felt like crap for the first 30 mins, then when I started the fast part, felt way better. I tracked 3 easy kms there before the fast portion in 6:14,6:09,6:02, to be honest felt much slower. Then the fast part started and the next 5kms were in 26:04 (between the first and last km did 5:12, 2nd , 3rd  and 4th km were in 5:10,5:18,5:05. After the 5:10 I told myself to slow down, since you want to run at marathon effort, not close to your tempo pace, tempo pace you ran it yesterday. Felt ok during the `on `part. Finished the run in 80:56. Did around 13 something kms. 

Felt Good, but the quads a bit burned during the fast portion and right now when I type this. I am sure that tomorrow I Will feel fine.  For me, I think these aerobic runs is what moves the needle. This is an aerobic sport after all.

6 runs this week, given the crazy work week. 3 quality workouts, first time since quarantine that I get in 3 quality workout like I was doing before my 15k race on February. My fitness is coming back slowly.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario