lunes, 24 de agosto de 2020

Catching up

Monday 17/08 - Watchless 8 laps in the Blasco park pretty easy. Legs were sore from the weekend. Hot. Ran after work.

Tuesday - 18/08 - Another watchless 8 laps in the Blasco park but incorporating 6 strides from lap 6 to 8. Felt decent. Felt Good in the strides. After work.

Wednesday - 19/08 - After work, I went to the turia park with my brother. Today we were doing 4 x 1000m with 3:30 rest or something like that. I warmed up 15 mins with strides and form drills. However the firsst 2 repeats were confortable, but I felt sluggish and tired. Were in 4:28, 4:27, then decided to on purpose increase pace, I need to find a better pace, the last 2were in 4:16 and 4:00. That 4 flat surprised me because I felt Good, although I had to move my legs very fast in the last 400s, last 500s were in 1:56. I am happy with that Split, but not so happy with the overall workout. The first 2 repeats were very slow. 15 + mins to cool down. Around 6 miles to 10k total.

Thursday 20/08 - After work again another watchless easy run of 8 laps in the Blasco park. Felt pretty Good after the Interval work the day prior. Kept the effort pretty easy.

Friday - Planned day off

Saturday- In the morning at 08:00 a.m. I did my tempo run of 5k. My brother was determined to run sub 24 mins, and I was confident that I could run sub 24 mins again too. Granted, I did not forcé things. Well, my brother defeated me by more than 100m. He is in pretty Good shape. He did 23:46 for 5k and I ended up doing 24:16. Way off the goal. However, I was controlled, but it hurted though and I wanted to run sub 24 mins. After the first km in 4:46, already pushing, I knew that it was not going to be a Good day, so I stopped looking at the watch and checked the watch again at the end. Splits were 4:46,4:52, 2:23 (12:03 half way), 2:27, 4:56 and 4:49. Did a positive Split of 10 seconds. When I finished I did 2 x 200m in 44 and 42 seconds. We are doing a mile time trial again soon so we better start running fast repeats, also to calm down my frustration. When I was on the cool down I looked like I headed off a swiming pool. Too wet. In the other hand, my brother said he felt confortable and did not pay attention to the heat. He is a better running than me, the only thing is that I am leaner right now. Anyway, I told him that its not that easy on races. I decided to stop doing drills before workouts because I think they are not helping, in fact they are hindering. My muscles between my hips and quads feel tired and tight, after I do those, so I Will limit my warm up to easy running and strides. I think I run better that way, and if not, I feel better during the run. On this tempo I did drills, but they did not help. 16 mins warmup  + drills + 3 x 80m strides. For cool down another 15-16 mins. Around 10-11kms. Felt dissapointed, but did not feel any tired or soreness after this one.

Sunday - In the morning at 08:00 a.m. I did 81 mins, pretty much solo, although some part at the beginning and some part at the end I did it with my brother. It was cloudy, but very very hot at the same time. Again I finished soaking wet. I started the run feeling tired and without energy, I ate a lot in the buffet on Saturday night and that interfered with my performance today. I carried my watch again, because I wanted to do 5k at maratón effort to clean yesterday (Saturday `s )"disaster". The first few kms were easy in 6:21,6:15, 6:09, then when I started my " fast" part did not feel that bad, splits were 5:10 (this is 600m of the first one and 400s of the last one), 5:17,5:13,5:08,5:04. I felt Good, but not great. A bit tired, but I did those 5k in 25:58. Then did 15-16 mins to cool down to home to finish 1:21. No soreness like past week, so I must be getting in shape. Very thirsty though, its hard without wáter given the heat and humidity.

6 runs for the week, 3 harder workouts so I am getting in shape Little by Little. Everytime closer to where I was before quarantine.

Monday - (today) After work in the Blasco park at 7:50 p.m., Felt a bit tired in the first 2 laps, then started feeling better and better and finished feeling pretty Good. Watchless runs, but the pace was not that slow as past Monday, I think. I do not care though, I worry about the hard days. Thats why I am not carrying a watch on easy runs, they are not important to be honest. Felt awesome at the end, given the heat. I was very sweated at the end and the polo shirt was soaking wet. 7.2k total.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario