lunes, 15 de febrero de 2021

Catching up

 Sunday 14/02 - I went out at 07:00 a.m. still dark to do my long run, At the 5 min mark I joined my brother and the goal today was to run 1 hour and 45 mins, which is my longest long run timewise in training since 2005, so 15+ years. I took the route of the port, beatiful sunrise, and beatiful landscape. The long run passed by quicky, the pace was very conversational, but the last 15 mins were a struggle because my legs were a bit uncoordinated. I was very happy to have accomplised the goal and in 3 weeks I want to be in the 2 hour mark, something that I have not done since 2005 and I think that was a missing piece in developming my potential. When I ran my prs my longest run was only 10 miles. The pace was very easy, around 6:10 per km, but we got the job done, We covered around 17k. We were tired from Saturday`s workout, the last 5k were sub 6 mins per km pace though. I am feeling good in my training and really loving my morning runs, something that I did not do before.

5 runs this week. As I said I am running 5 times per week, probably will increase to 6 times once the races start. At this point we dont know when we are going to race again. In the meantime we are doing time trials once in a while. On 27/02 we will do another Mile time trial, but I think my brother wont run on that one. 

Monday -  Planned off day.


Today I was up at 05:35 a.m. and was out at 6:10 a.m. with my brother. We did the "Maximo Gomez" route. This time we started faster from the get go, I was feeling very fresh. In the 3k mark ( or so) we did it 1 min faster than we usually run, at that point I knew that it was going to be a good day, I did not force the pace though, since it was an easy day, but I let myself go a little. At the 38 mins or something like that I threw my usual Monday strides. I did 6 of them. Keeping good and form, but trying to keep the cadence fast. The glute is behaving very well, and for that reason I have been able to get the those fast workouts. Time for today was 49:41. 3-4 mins faster than usual and feeling very easy and strong. Tomorrow morning an interval workout.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario