martes, 9 de febrero de 2021

Getting back to the online blogging

 Hello folks, I have been taking time off from blogging, my training is going well. We did a 5k time trial on December 31th and I finished in 24:05, so it was an awful performance. Raced without the watch, and given that I was not doing any workouts, I ran poorly. I went out too fast for the first 500m, and that payed off in the second half. 

This past Saturday I ran a tempo run in 24:10, feeling much better than in the " time trial". Since January 1st I have been running all my runs in the morning. Weekdays at 06:00a .m. and on weekends around 08:00a .m., I find that I am much more consistent and feel much better in the morning. The hard part is to get out of bed, but I have been handling it very well. On Wednesday Feb 3rd I did a 5k fartlek with my brother. First half was very slow, was in 13:10, but then I tried to run faster and do the recovery faster, thats when I dropped my brother and finished the 5k fartlek (1 min fast and 1 min slow) in 25:23. So did the second half of the fartlek including the recoveries in 12:13 so both halves were in (13:10 and 12:13), my brother finished in 26:15 or something like that. I really opened it up in the second half and felt pretty good overall. This one was at 06:00 a.m. in the dark. I am loving these runs.

I am running 5 days a week, resting on Monday and Fridays, given that there are no races, I am running 5 days, doing 2 workouts and one long run per week. I got back to intervals 1 month ago and ironically my glute and hamstring problems are improving and feeling better in every workout. I have done 4 5k tempos in the past 5 weeks: 24:55, 24:38, 24:43, 24:10. After that 24:10, did 4 x 200s in 43, 44, 44, 42. I have been improving my 200s as well. Feeling better and better. My long runs is at 95 mins, and this Sunday we want to do 1:45 in order to break some mental barriers and to see if we can run a breakthrough improving our endurance.

Also on January 30th, we did a mile time trial and I surprised myself, did 6:25. My brother did 6:34 and JOrge did not finish, but went out like a bat, crossed the 500m around 1:50. I thought that I was going to do around 6:40 because my intervals were  at 4:40 per km the slowest and 4:20/ km the fastest. The week of the time trial did 1 x 1600m in 7:31, then did 6 x 400s in 1:42,1:37,1:39,1:37,1:37,1:31. Started very slow, but once I warmed up  I felt fine. I did that wotkout at 6:00 a.m. On the time trial, I warmed up 37 mins and included 3 mins uptempo (5:10 per km) and  6 strides, and then did the time trial. I warmed up a lot because on previous time trial I found that I was going out cold and that was affecting my finishing time, so in this one I tried the extra warm up and that felt fine. Never felt cold when I went out. In fact the first 400s felt " easy". I never looked at my watch, but I crossed the 1000m in 4:02 and then worked my way down to 6:25. First 400s according to my brother`s watch was 1:38, so I started slower and picked up the pace gradualy. On past time trials, I did not warm up well, but also was going out too fast. On February 27th we are going to do another time trial and of course I want to run sub 6:25.

Yesterday was a rest day, as I said I rest on Mondays and Fridays for the time being, I will back to 6 days of running once races are announced again and I think that the reduction of 1 day is actually helping my glute/ hamstring and my performance and improving ( certainly the reduction from 6 days to 5 days has not affected my performance at all).

Today I was up at 5:35 a.m. and was out with my brother at 6:15 a.m. and We did the Maximo Gomez route. We did it faster than normal today, but it was pretty easy still. After the 40 mins I included 6 strides and I felt really good on those. The glute bothered me a little, but after the second one felt pretty good. I finished the 8 +k in 50:38. These past two weeks I have been running this route in 52 - 53:30. Effort is easy, so on this runs pace dont matter much, in fact my workouts has improved eventhough I have been running my easy runs slower. Again this is not a goal, I just go out to run easy and given that I am too cold the pace turns out to be very slow.

I am enjoying these morning runs and feel much better in the morning. Sometimes I was at work and felt pressured, because I left work late ( already dark) and I was hungry and I had yet to get my run in. That does not happen in the early morning, because I am energized and once one warm up its all fine. After 2 p.m. you feel tired, but you already got your run in and you can go home relaxed knowing that you already ran. 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario