miércoles, 10 de febrero de 2021

Good workout and an easy run

 On Tuesday (yesterday) I was up at 5:30 a.m. and at 06:00 a.m. ( This is the earliest we can go out due to the curfew, I would like to go out earlier on workout days) headed out to the Turia park with my brother. Planned workout was to do 4 x 1000m with 400m recovery. The same I did 3 weeks ago. I can say that I have progressed nicely over the last few weeks. I warmed up 15 mins including 5 x 50m strides, faster than in previous days as my glute is behaving quiet well. My brother did drills so I had to wait a couple of more mins before we actually started the workout.

I was surprised, I thought that I would start aroud 4:40 per km I was doing in my last interval workouts because I was so cold at the beginning. However the weather is getting warmer. My 1000m repeats were 4:24, 4:28, 4:15, 4:10. The first 2 repeats were against the wind and the last 2 repeats with a tail wind as they felt at the same effort as the first 2 repeats. Very satisfied with this workout. I had not run that fast (4:15 and 4:10) since July or August I think. I have to admit that I was very unconfortable, but I toughed it out and could finish each repeat with good form. My brother also ran good, He did 4:28, 4:30, 4:20, 4:15. He also was very happy with this workout. Then I did 16 mins cool down to home. Around 6 miles for the day.  I was talking with my brother that I run as good as if I were running 6 times per week, with just 5 days per week. I feel that I got to every workout fresher. I am doing very good with 5 runs per week, but as soon as they announce some races, I probably will get back to 6 runs per week, or perhaps stay at 5 runs and start to do strength training to build some muscle as I dont have any, lol.

Today ( Thursday) I ran with my brother at 06:05 a.m. and we did the Maximo Gomez route, I dropped him at the 15 mins mark because he was running very slow. I finished the 8k+ in 52:55 and felt pretty easy and confortable. Tomorrow I will rest and on Saturday we will do some R pace work.


Have a great Thursday!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario