domingo, 18 de junio de 2017

Finishing up the week

On Thursday We had a public holiday here, so I could run past 7:00 a.m. in the morning. We my father and I decided to run with a couple of friends in " El parque del este", so I planned on doing 2 laps there which is 8k. We started the run pretty slow, then I find myself ahead and was building a gap I encouraged them to go at my pace, but they stayed behind, so that meant to run alone.

I was not feeling very good because the prior day I would just push a little bit for my current fitness.  The first lap came in 24:30 and I was tired, but faced the 2nd half, 1k in the second lap I caught another woman runner, as soon as I put myself next to her, She sped up to kept the pace with me, then We introduced ourselves and encouraged each other, the heat was very strong there. She helped me a lot and made the kms go easier and faster, when I had around 1.8k to go, my father joined us( He when He completed the 4k lap He started running in the opposite direction than me, so We could then meet at some point), then Claudia turned around and I finished the last km with my father. Finished the 8k in 48:12.

Splits per km were: 6:22,5:58,6:22,5:47,6:01,5:57,6:07,5:36. I think that some splits were offs, some long, some short, because my effort did not change as much with each passing lap, but the times suggest otherwise.

Finished very tired, but glad I made it.

On Friday, I woke up to run in the morning when suddently starting raining heavy, I bagged the run.

Yesterday, I went out by myself to the conservatory and did 5.5k in 34:27, the heat is still sucking, but I battled it out and get the run done. This run wsa done at 7:05 a.m.

Today I woke up at 6:30 a.m., but the sun was shining in full force. I almost skip the run, but then decided to do it, sometimes you are not going to be motivated, but you have to do it anyway. Decided to leave the watch at home this time and ran without a watch. Went to the conservatory, did 3 laps and back home, felt good, but unconfortable because of the heat.

And again I am feeling the pounds, even an old guy that I had time without seeind there in the park, when He saw me He asked me what happened and stared at me, like if I was an allien, yea I have put around 30 pounds since 2010. I just laughed, but in the back of my mind, I know what I have to do to be lean and to increase my performance, but isntead keep eating like a pig. 5.5k untimed.

4 runs this week. Not great, but not a disaster either.

Have a great end of the week!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario