jueves, 26 de noviembre de 2020

Catching up

 Monday - Ran at 6:30 p.m. or something like that. But its already dark, so its the same if you run at 6:00 p.m. or 11:00 p.m. its already very dark. I did 8 laps at an easy pace. Halfway in 22:52, then did strides from laps 6 to 8 and did 8 laps in 44:01. Did around 5 extra mins, because I start running from my home and to the park and back, so total time of running was around 49 mins. Felt good and the weather was cool. No wind breaker though. Strides were " easy", around current mile pace. Everytime that I try to run with a full range of motion the left glute and hamstring bother me.

Tuesday -  I decided to do my workout today as the soreness was already gone. Went to the Turia park at 4:30 p.m. and wanted to do a 5k tempo run. But this time I would only look at the watch in the first km only. Then I would take the split at halfway and then would not look until the end. Warmed up 15 mins with 5 x 50m easy strides to loosen up a bit. First km was in 4:56 with the legs already burning, so I suspected that it would be the same as last week, but I was determined to finish that tempo no matter what. I tried to keep the effort, the heabyness in my legs eased up a bit as the run went by. Pressed the split in the halfway, and did not feel as bad as last week and my legs had coordionation still. I tried to keep the same effort until the end. Finished strong, but breathing was heavy at the end. Finished the 5k in 24:42. Halfway in 12:23, so a negative split of 4 seconds. Not as bad as last week, but still a lot of work to do to get back to the 23:50 mins where I was 6 weeks ago. I was happy to have finished and to have felt better than last week slower and shorter tempo. That means that I should improve each week and my way back to 23:xx is closer than I think?. Got back home for cool down after catching my break, so around 15 mins cool down. Around 6 miles for the day.

Wednesday -  I was sore from Tuesday workout, more sore than I like, but a tiny less than last week disaster. In the morning I walked around 10.5 kms to buy a salmom. I had not been there before so I watched places in Valencia that I had not seen before. Despite the temps being at 13-15 Celsius, the sun was shining hard and I had to take off my jacket because I was hot. On the way back I had the 3 kgs salmon on my backpack, so the wayback was harder than the first half, the good thing is that I learned the route and ont he way back I did not have to watch my google map every couple of mins to get to the desired place. It took me around 2 hours those 10 + kms. 

In the afternoon the plan was to run 8 laps which is my normal runs. I ran with my brother which is rare these days, even more in the Blasco park. I think the last time that I ran easy with him in the blasco park was on June. Anyway, we started faster than I would have liked, because we started at 5:27 for the first lap which is fast for being the first lap and I was sore from the tempo. Anyway, with each passing lap I felt better and better and the conversation was good. When we hit the 6 laps, he convinced me to run 50 mins, but after the 9nth lap in 47:47, I told him to do another lap, so 10 laps, which we did it in 53:02. Then I told him that I would run 60 mins, because I would run 60 mins today ( I type this on Thursday), but because I felt so good yesterday, decided to do it yesterday. I crossed the 10k in around 58:40 (11 laps =9.9k were crossed in 58:10 something like that), and completed the 10.2k in 60:00. I felt awesome and its weird because I walked so much in the morning ( maybe that help). Sometimes when you think you are going to feel bad, you feel really good and sometimes you feel like crap for  no apparent reason. cést  la vie. First lap was the slowest in 5:27, then we kept the laps in 5:17 - 5:13 for most laps. Felt pretty good, weather was pretty good, had to wear long sleeve, but I could have gotten away with short sleeves. A bit sore from the workout on Tuesday, but I think that did not affect at all once I warmed up.

Today I will run with my brother again, but I will keep it at 8 laps today. But I suspect that we will run sub 6 mins per km once again today. 

I hope your training is going well!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario