viernes, 20 de noviembre de 2020

Up and down

 Tuesday - At 6:30 p.m. 8 laps in the blasco park , from laps 6 to 8 I did 6 strides. Did not feel bad on the strides, but I could feel my glute and leg bothering me again. Not much, but enough to reconsider my return to workouts. Felt good overall though.

Wednesday -  At 5 p.m. I went to the turia park and the plan was to do 5k tempo, but not as hard as usual ,just sub 25 mins to get the feel of things again. I wanted to do 400s but I did not want to run that fast, because of the injury. Warmed up 15 mins to the turia park and incorporated 5 x 50m strides. In the strides I could feel the hamstring and the glute to be honest, but given that tempo pace is not a pace were you have to alter your form much I went with it. I thought that this workout was going to be a piece of cake given that on my last tempo I did 23:51 for the 5k feeling strong and a couple of hours later I did 1 mile in 6:52. However, I did not know that in this month that I have been running easy and resting I would lose so much shape. I ended up only doing 4.1k or somehting like that in 20:52, when I saw the 4th km split in 5:07, huffing and puffing and my mind played with me and I called it a day. Splits were 4:56,5:03, 2:27 (500m out), 2:30 (500m back) and 5:07. 5:07 was my pace in the fast portion of my long runs and I felt very confortable. On Wednesday, I felt like s·%·t. Oh well! Ran 20 mins cool down, to finish up a 55 min run day. I will stop looking at the watch, watch is holding me back and playing with my mind. I will only look at it in the first km and then wont look at it until the end. 4k were in 20:06.

Thursday - At 6:30 p.m. I went to the Blasco park my quads were very sore, as if I had run a race the day before. The run was not easy either, I mean, it was at a very easy pace to recover without a watch, but I feel demotivated and sore. Sometimes questioning why I am still in this sport. I have 18 years trying to find an answer.

Today Friday I rest and I am still sore. Tomorrow morning I will do 3 x 1 mile with 1 min rest. I dont have a goal in mind, I just want to feel better than on Wednesday and luckily run in the 7:40s. Its not optimal to run 2 tempos in one week, but as I dont want to run fast because I dont want to burry myself with the "injury". its clear that rest in not the antidote.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario