domingo, 15 de noviembre de 2020

Caaaatch uppp

 Hello folks, 

I have been running but not that much, pretty much took a break of 3 weeks of easy running and 1 week completely off. I was training hard as you can tell, I assumed that races will be resumed at the beginning of the year so I better was prepared for it. However, mid October corona is getting worse and worse all over the world, especially in Spain where I am at, and even thinking about the possibility of lock down us once again. At that point  I knew that races are not happening any time soon. Some places in Spain are doing races, but starting 10-15 secs apart from each other, what race is that, I want normal races to come back when you can race head to head with other and to make packsof people to help each other. Anyway, I was very dissapointed and decided to take my break right now and then do another cycle until april or may before taking another break. The left glute and hamstring were bothering me in workouts so that break was almost necesary. So here I am running easy at the moment, well sometimes I dont run that easy becasue I start to race some people, as I have no workout to recover from, running easy can become in moderate efforts pretty much every run.

Before the break I did a 3000 meter trial ( yea my last post was minutes before my 3000m time trial) where I wanted to run sub 13:30, but deep down I wanted to get as close to 13 mins as possible, I ended up running 13:20, dropping my brother in the last km where i closed hard. I ran without a watch, warmed up 15 mins, did 5 50m strides and we headed out, I dont know splits, but the second km was very slow and I think that ruined our chances to run a " fast time".  I felt good when I finished and I decided to do 4 x 200m by feel, around 42-43 seconds, I should not have because thats where my injury get worse, the next day I ran easy, but on Friday I did my long run and I felt it, I did 1:36:52 and did a progression, but splits were very slow, it was too cold though, 5k were in 5:27,5:19,5:14,5:07,5:11. It was slow , but it felt the same as when I run 5:08 average pace for the progression.  

The day after that I tried to run a 5k tempo run with my brother, but after the first km in 4:55 I decided to run easy, my left glute and hamstring were bothering me a lot and the cold was not helping.Did around 8-9k total. I had 10 days of running straight. I rested on Sunday because i was in a trip in a couple of towns. Meeting new places.

Ran 8 laps easy On Monday and Tuesday and on Wednesday the injury was not bothering me and I felt relatavely fresh. At 4: pm ( I was still on vacation) I headed out to the turia park to do 5k tempo run. My brother wanted to do a mile time trial, but I prefered to do the tempo as the primary workout, but I also did the mile time trial at 6 p.m. so I ran twice and both times hard. I think that is the first time that I do that.  I had ages without running a double and I try a double running hard both times, what clever!! Anyway, warmed up 15 mins easy plus strides of 50m. Then did 5k in 23:51, with splits 4:32,4:51,4:48,4:55,4:42. Halfway was 11:46. So I ended running a positive split by almost 20 seconds. My legs were quiet heavy at the end. I skipped the 200s because I was doing a mile time trial with my brother on tired legs. Cooled down for 15 mins. Got showered and at 6:00 p.m. I headed out again to the Turia park to warm up 15 mins plus strides, I felt tired, but thought that I could defeat him nonetheless. I wore my watch for that time trial to track my 400s. I ran out of gas pretty quickly. my splits were 1:37,1:44,1:47,1:42. Halfway in 3:22, but finished in 6:52. I felt good on the lugs, but my legs were done and not cooperating. I was running head to head at 1k mark with my brother, but I had to surge several times to catch him and then he pulled away again. I never told him that I had already ran a tempo run, I told him that night before going to sleep hhaha. Ran around 18k or something like that for the day. I thought that I could run 6:30, but my legs did not cooperate. Happy with the effor tthough. That was my last workout of the cycle. As in the next days leg and glute were bothering me so I decided to take my break right there. After that all my runs has been watchless and 8 laps to the blasco park , sometimes easy, somtimes moderate. Before taking the week off last week. I pretty much races a young child for 3-4 laps . In the end I think I ran that run at 5 min per km pace, but I dont know since I did not wear a watch and I wont wear one until my next workout, which it might be on Wednesday. I have run 4 times this week and I was going to run this evening, but I am hanging out with my house mate, so I will probably will skip the run, really does not matter as I am in my break yet. Next week I will be back to my 6 days a week of running and taking it more seriously, but will continue to skip the watch on easy days.

I hope that you running is going well!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario