jueves, 16 de febrero de 2017

A big catch up

I have been a bit lazy in the posting departament, I have been running.

Previous week I rested Tuesday and Wednesday, then back on Thursday .

Thursday - 7.5 in the conservatory in 45:36, feeling good , but with a strong side stitch,

Friday - left work early and got in a 7.5k run in 46:26, Jose Luis Perales was rehearsing for a concert , terrific voice. Felt good, but not great, it was a rainy day and on those days I run slow and feel heavy.

Saturday - After the run on Friday I went out drinking to say good bye to Adelino that was getting back to spain, and I got home at 4:20 a.m., slept 2.5 hours and woke up at 6:50 a.m. to get my run in with my father, We went to the conservatory and did 7.5k in 45:51. Did the last lap there in 5:03. Honestly, I felt good, the tiredness did not catch up just yet.

Sunday - Went to the mirador at 8:15 a.m. with my father and He went ahead from the get go and did 45:45 for 8k, I felt the tiredness, and kept the pace easy for the whole run, finished the 8k in 47:40, with a 1+ mins negative split.

Monday - 7.5k in the conservatory in 45:47. Felt decent. The run was done at 7 p.m.

Tuesday - 7.5k in the conservatory, 1 lap easy, then 2 laps sub 10 mins, I did 9:54 (5:00,4:54), then 2 laps easy and easy to home to finish in 44:28.

Wednesday - off, first day off since Thursday.

Thursday (Today), I wanted to basically do what I did on Tuesday, 2 laps sub 10 mins. So got to the conservatory in 7:45, then did 1 lap easy in 6:15, then 2 laps in sub 10 mins, I did 9:52 (4:58,4:54), then 2 laps easy and back home easy in 44:12, so a bit faster than my last run. I wanted to run fast on tired legs, but I think I am getting more tired than I should in only 2 laps flirting with the 10 mins for 2 laps. Anyway, I think I am heading the right direction if I am testing those sytems a bit.

I ll race a 5k in March, yea this time is true, and I want to run sub 25 mins, I should run it, but I have been out of racing for so long that I am not sure.

My training overall is going well, aiming for 5 runs per week, and a bit quality here and there, next week I ll incorporate some shorter/faster intervals.

Have a great weekend!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario