martes, 21 de febrero de 2017

Maintainance run

Today I left work early, so I ran earlier . I was out at around 6:40 p.m. to get my running in. I got to the conservatory in 7:35. I decided to do the planned 5 laps sub 6 mins, because I was feeling pretty good and probably I am resting tomorrow, so no need to run on the easiest side of the spectrum.

I did 5 laps in 5:57,5:51,5:52,5:49,5:46. 6:24 to get home in 43:47 for 7.5k. Today I tried something different, as I have stated previously, sometimes (most of the time!), I get pretty hungry at home prior to running (because I do have more than 5 hours without eating anything) and its a struggle to get out the door starving, so I bought some fuit to strategically eat in the p.m. hours. So I ate an apple at 4:15 p.m. and a banana at 5:30 p.m. I was a bit hungry prior to the run, but nothing compared to the starvation that I normally face.

I dont know if it was a mental thing, but I felt pretty strong and good today, that pace felt easy, whereas other days running the same pace at least I have to avoid getting my mind wandering, today was not the case as I felt better and stronger than when I run slower and easier than that.

I think if I start incorporating just that to my snacks that will be a win/ win situation, since I would be getting the vitamins and minerals that the fruits contain and will have something in my stomach to get a more quality run in.

I did not buy coke today after my lunch, which is a big plus, for me. Decided to spend the money on fruits, I do have a banana at work, so I ll buy an apple and will repeat the same thing once again tomorrow, and  if I leave work early, I ll get a run in despite of telling about tomorrow being my rest day.

Have a great Night!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario