viernes, 22 de junio de 2018

Always listen to your own body: I am back!!

I know that I said that I would rest 2 more weeks to ensure that this calf would heal. I started to stretch my calves while in bed for last couple of days. I think on Wednesday it started to hurt me a bit, like it has pulled again, but nothing close to the pain I felt when I pulled my calf for the first time.I thought that maybe it was healing.

I kept stretching the calves and today I did not felt any tightness there, I started to jump on one leg, and put pressure and did not feel any pain or annoyance. I broke my own rule and decided to give it a try, and it was a success!

I headed out at 6:30 p.m. with the temps in 33 Celsius and the sun shining hard, its too hot here in Madrid. I wanted to test the leg with the mínimum run of 20 mins, I headed out to the intersection in 10:13 and back for a total time of 20:13. Felt really good and in a momento I thought the leg was going to bother me, but for contrary, any tightness dissapear and I could run pretty much normal.

I am very happy that I can run again because these days have been a lot of pressure for me in my personal and profesional life, so the running is a good outlet for that. I ll do another 20-25 mins and next week Will start with 30+ mins. However, in 2 weeks I am going to Boston for another course for a week and I Will rest for another week, that week was planned though. After that trip I ll try to get back into shape and lose around 15 pounds.

Very happy to get back to the running scene!!

Cheers!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario