martes, 10 de septiembre de 2019

Another solid week of training

I ran my tempo 6k on Saturday with my  brother and it went very well. The weather was great also.  We lost some time due to reparing some areas of the Turia park, but even then I ran sub 28 mins, which is a great accomplishment for me these days. My brother ran awesome as well.

I warmed up 15:40 including 5 x 50m accelerations to the Turia park. I started out slow as always, but after 300m I started to get into a Groove and felt pretty Good, at the 400m mark I built a gap on my brother and kept that gap until the end. That gap was of around 100m in the first half, but in the second half remained the same eventhough I ran the second half faster, He did it at the same as me. I finished the 6k in 27:53, which is pretty much the time that I wanted to run a couple of months ago. I finally did it and finished feeling pretty Good. My brother finished in 28:20, which is a great breakthrough for him as well.

Splits were: 4:40,4:47 (9:27, ran longer due to the obstruction in the running path), 4:42 (14:09), at that point I knew that it was going to be a Good run due to run pretty much at the same pace as last week with all of those unnecesary turns, in the second half I felt better and better, 4th came in 4:37 (18:46), 4:37 (23:23) and 4:30 to finish up in 27:53 feeling full of energy and strong. As I said the weather played a big role I think. Around 11-12 mins for cool down. Did around 10.5k for the day.

On Sunday I did not want to run in the evening, because no point in staying at home the whole day  on weekends , because you have to run in afternoon. Its better to get it out of the day and enjoy your evening on other things. We are not profesional after all.

I ran my long run at 11:40 a.m. the weather was not so bad. I decided not to look at the watch after the 11:07 that took me to run from my house to the Turia park. This time my brother did not run with me, He did 2 hours later in the evening, so He ran 30 mins more than I what I did on Sunday.

It was Good not looking at the watch, you just ran, ran and ran, well I looked at the watch at 84:23, so from 11:0 to 84:22, that was what took me to run 12k (73:15). I was very surprised with the fast pace, I thought that I was running 6:20s per km, not 6:00s, anyway, just went by feel and the most important thing on this run was to finish it. I was very thirsty by the end and just wanted to be done. Felt great though when I finished at 90 mins. Felt strong overall.

On Monday I did not leave work that late, so I ran at 7:50 p.m. in the Blasco park, I did not want to rest two days in a row and then have to run 5 days in a row, so I opted for my typical plan this week.

Did 9 laps in the Blasco park, which totals 8.1k and the time was 50:15. From laps 6-8 did 6 strides which felt Good despite having run long yesterday. I experienced gases the whole run today, it seemed like my esophagus wanted to turn back the food. When I started the strides though I loosened up, and felt much better. Only looked at the watch in the first lap in 6:01, then it seems that I sped up without trying, because took my 8th lap splits and the Split were 44:38 and last lap was 5:37. Felt pretty Good at the end. A nice recovery run!

Today I took the day off, I had 6 days in a row running, so it was Good to rest today.

Have a great start to the week!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario