sábado, 7 de septiembre de 2019

Catching up

Monday and Tuesday I did not run, so that meant that on this week again, I have to run 5 straight days if I want to accomplish my goal of running 5 times per week. Monday was planned, but Tuesday I went with my brother to indulge in Kentucky Fried Chicken, later felt bad because prefered binge eating tan running, thats life, ha.

On Wednesday I did my Interval workout in the Turia park at 7:30 p.m., I felt really Good in the warm up, felt fresh and I knew that it was going to be a Good workout. Indeed, it was, but I did not like how tired I finished in the last couple of repeats. I did 2 x 1600m with 800m recovery, and 2 x 800m with 400m jog recovery, to complete 4800m worth of fast running. I felt strong in the first 2 x 1600, but in the last couple of 800s I felt very thirsty and my legs felt dead, I kept strong though and battled it out, my brother did another workout, He did 4 x 10 mins at threshold pace, so I pretty much ran alone. We did the cool down together though. Splits were 6:49,6:52, 3:18,3:19. I opened hard and probably I would have run faster, but some areas of the dirt road were closed so I had to take another route, sometimes I shortened the route, and sometimes I lenghtened the route, the effort was around 6:40. I took splits in the first 1000m of the first 2 repeats and they were 4:14 and 4:13, not bad, because I always open very slow. Very satisfied with the workout given how hard I am working (long hours).

Thursday and Friday I ran after work with my brother at 7:30 p.m., I did 8 laps in the Blasco park very easy, on thursday I did 46:06, feeling very relaxed, although the first lap was a struggle as I felt sluggish and sleepy before starting, felt great the end. On Friday, I did the same thing, but incorporated strides from laps 6-8, and those strides felt really Good and I felt really efficient. finished in 45:07 for the 8 laps. So 7.2k each day.

This evening I am running a 6k tempo with my brother in the Turia park, I hope that we dont have to cut the run short, or run longer tan 6k because of the work being done in the dirt track of the Turia. Weather is cloudy and not too hot, we Will see how it goes.


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario