jueves, 26 de septiembre de 2019

Catching up

 Monday -  I was very sore from the weekend running, I felt like I had ran a race. I took Monday off.

Tuesday - After work at 7:30 p.m., I did my weekly run with strides, so I went to the Blasco park and did 9 laps there, incorporating strides from laps 6-8 and running the last lap as cool down. I felt better than expected and while I was still sore I felt pretty Good. Only looked at the watch in the first lap in 5:52, then did not look at the watch until the end. pushed the Split button in the 8th lap and did 44:08, finished 9 laps in 49:40, so much faster than the last few weeks and felt strong. I kept things easy though, since I wanted to be rested for my intervals on Wednesday. 8.1k total for the day

Wednesday - After work I did intervals with my brother, We did 5 x 1000m with 400m+ jog recovery ( I sometimes jogged around 450m, since I do the recovery faster than my brother). I am happy with the workout, felt pretty Good and strong. My brother wanted to run sub 4 mins in the first one, but for me that is not posible these days, I start workouts pretty slow and I can run faster in the last 1-2 repeats. I ran faster as the run progressed, which is always the plan for me. Splits for me were 4:11,4:17,4:06,4:05 and 3:50. In the last one felt strong and kept Good form, never broke my form and I ran my fastest time in 1 km in over 8 years, so I am heading the right direction. I Will have to enter a race soon to see where I am at. I Will probably run the Sanitas 10k. on October 13th, which is the same day that my brother is Racing a half maratón. Warm up was 15:30 to the Turia park including my usual 5 x 50m strides and after the workout cooled down for 16 mins or so, so did around 10.5k total for the day.

Weather these days is not so hot, very managable

Today I took the day off as well, felt somewhat tired and was very hungry after work, that means that I Will have to run Friday, Saturday and Sunday, but its way easier when you dont have to go work on the weekends.

Have a great Thursday!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario