domingo, 22 de septiembre de 2019

Solid week of training

Monday - I took the day off as I was tired from the weekend and was kinda sore, so I rested.

Tuesday - After work, around before 8  p.m. I did 9 laps in the Blasco park and included my usual 6 strides from laps 6-8, and then did another one for cool down. Did 50:14 for 8.1k (9 laps). I did this alone and it got dark very fast.

Wednesday - I did my intervals at around 7:20 p.m. after work, I left home running to the Turia park for my workout as usual. Took me around 15:30, and I incorporated 5 x 50m strides as my usual warm up. To be honest, my mind was not into it, as my mind was into a problema that  I had at work, so I was mentally asbest and that might explain that sub par performance. I did 1 x 1600s, 2 x 1000m, and 3 x 400m, all with half distance recovery, so 800s after the 1600s, 500s after the 1000s and 200s after the 400s. Splits were 6:59,4:09,4:04,1:34,1:32,1:33. The times were just average, but I just wanted to get the stimulus, as I said I was absent mentally. The cool down was the same as the warm up and was very tired by the end, did around 10.5k total.

Thursday - I took the day off as I got home with a very strong headache and I did not want to run in those conditions, so I decided to bag the run. I could not affort to rest any more days so that meant that I had to run Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

Friday - After work I did 8 laps at an easy pace. At first felt sluggish, but after the 3rd lap felt better and better and finished feeling very well..Did 8 laps (7.2k) in 45:35 (23:09,22:26).

Saturday - I ran in the evening with my brother and did my weekly tempo, this week I got back to my 6k tempos and my brother would join me. In the warm up I did not feel very Good, but sometimes that is normal in me and I feel quiet Good during the workout, but today was not the case. I warmed up 15:35 from my home to the Turia park and incorporated my usual strides to loose my legs.

As soon as I started the tempo I felt tired, the first km was 4:41 and I felt like I was working, as opposed to last week where I ran 4:45 for the first km, and the tempo was 10k in length, but I kept at it since in the second half I generally feel better, second km was 4:48 (9:29), I knew that sub 28 mins today was out of the wáter, at that point my brother was ahead and He crossed the 3k in 14:10, I came back later in 14:16, and had to wait around 3 seconds for two runners to pass before I could turn around, that always happens since there is a lot of runner in the Turia park. After the second half I started running better, but my legs never left that burn in the quads , 4th km came in 18:58 (4:42 for that km including the 3 seconds that I had to wait, so maybe sub 4:40), my brother was closer and closer, with 1.5k I passed him and I tried to keep my effort, 5k came in 23:42 (4:44 for that km), then I tried to get back to 4:30s in the last km, but without straining, with around 50m to go, my brother past me like a bat since He sprinted, and I stayed at the same pace, He finished in 28:18 and I finished in 28:22, running 4:40 for the last km. I did 10 seconds negative Split, but I am really dissapointed with today`s tempo, especially with how tired I felt throughout. It was far from a disaster, but not what I was hoping for. Around 10.5k total.

Sunday - We decided to run at 10:00 a.m. today since its the start time of my brother`s half maratón in 3 weeks. He was doing 2 hours and 15 mins and I was only doing 90 mins, so was in the meeting point at 10:45 a.m. when We met He built a gap inmediately as He was warmed up and I was cold and tired, He built a gap of 100m after the first 2k, however, that gap got smaller and smaller as I felt better and better, I decided not to look at my watch , at least until after the 80 mins and that worked very well. Just before my 6k I passed him and started to build on him, I had no idea at what pace I was running, but I suspected it was around 6:00s or something like that.

I pressed the Split button in the 12k and then went to the Churchill and back (14.4k) I looked at my watch and it read 1:26:51, then ran some more and completed 90 mins. My broter did 2:01, He was so tired that He could not complete the 2:15. The heat was very strong today. I felt pretty Good despite being tired from yesterday`s tempo, somehow felt fresh and felt Good, was surprised with my first 12k being in 72:13, so at 6:01 per km. Then I think that pace got faster when I did the Churchill lopp in 14:38, which when I run it first thing I do it around 16+ mins. Anyway, the effort was easy and happy to have finished that strong. Around 15k for the day. Maybe those potatoes, beans, beef and cheese for dinner gave me the energy that I needed today. I also ate breakfast today at 09:00 a.m. breakfast was one turket and cheese whole wheat sandwuch and chocolate milk, thats my daily breakfast. Solid week of training despite being a stressful week at work!

Hope you had a great week!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario