lunes, 16 de septiembre de 2019

Finishing up a good week of training

On Saturday evening at 6:something p.m. I ran with my brother and We did a 10k tempo run. As I said I wanted to run 48-49 mins. I did just that, but it was not easy. I finished 48:40 and I feel satisfied with that time, but I went out at 4:45 the first km, feeling very fresh and easy, by then I had built a gap on my brother and I practically ran alone the whole way. He was not far behind though. In the first 5k I only had 15 seconds on him, and I thought that He was going to pass me, I was not feeling dead, but I was not confortable either and my legs were injected at that rhythm. I could keep pace, but could not speed up anymore. I found a second wind after the 7th km where I was flirting with the 49:00s and I could open up a bit in the last couple of kms to run sub 49 mins.

Splits per km were: 4:45, (9:38) 4:53, 14:33 (4:55), 19:25 (4:52), 24:20 (4:55), 29:16 (4:56), 34:06 (4:50), 39:00 (4:54), 43:53 (4:53), 48:40 (4:47).

The splits were very even and I felt pretty Good, but the legs were just locked into a rhythm, in the lungs felt fantastic. My brother finished in 50:48 after crossing the first half in 24:35, a 10k tempo must be respected though. As I type this I am sore, not race type, but I am sore. For cool down We did around 13 mins. I did around 14k + for the day, which is my long run for the day.

On Sunday I ran in the evening with my brother, not much going on today, so I let my run for the evening. The plan today was an easy 60 mins run, the long run was Saturday, but I wanted to keep this run decent since you have to take advantage of weekends.

The pace of this 60 min run was very easy conversational pace. Maybe around 6:20 per km pace, no idea really, just wanted to get in the miles.

5 runs for the week and around 50k for the week, not bad.

Today I took the day off, I was going to run but got home very hungry, so I posponed my run for tomorrow. I just wanted to be less sore as well, so that the strides are more smooth.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario