domingo, 9 de febrero de 2020

90 mins " long" run with last 6k at " half marathon effort"

Today I headed out at 4:30 p.m. to do my long run, I did not have any plans besides running, so I decided to run in the afternoon to break up a Little bit the monotony of the day. When I started I soon discovered that my stomach was still full from lunch, I ate two sándwiches of sausages, cheese, spinach, tomates and 3 eggs splited in the 2 sándwiches. That fills me up a lot. I decided to Exchange dinner for lunch, and to eat lunch at dinner today, since I did not want to spend too much time cooking before my run.

Anyway, I experienced a full stomach for the first 30 mins of the run, but then started to feel better and better until I felt normal again. The pace at the beginning was easy, but once I got to the KM 0 of the Turia park to start my 10k segment, where the first 4 kms were going to be easy and the last 6k were going to be at maratón effort, before cooling down to home for 3k or so.

The splits  per km of the 10k that I measured were: 6:05,6:03,5:59,6:03, then started my marathon effort section that in all honestly is not my marathon effort, but its more like my half marathon effort, but I felt Good so I went with it, next 6k were in 5:23,5:20, 5:08, 5:07, 5:10 and 5:07, the last 5k were around 25:50-25:52 or something like that. When I hit the first 2kms of the fast section at 5:20, i thought that  I did not have it today and I would not forcé anything since as I said, the priorities are my Wednesday workouts and Saturdays and these progression are just a bonus and depends on how I feel. Apparently, I felt really Good and started to hit 5:00s feeling better and better, felt real Good at te end and I could have kept going. I felt real strong, but decided to leave it at that and not over do things. Did those 10k in 55:30 or something like that. The Good news is that I am feeling very Good at 5:10 per km pace and feeling stronger and stronger in these 80-90 mins long runs. After the 6k progression I ran easy to home to complete the 90 mins. Finish time was around 90:15. Felt awesome at the end. No matter how bad you feel at the beginning, things could change and you could end up feeling fantástic at the end. I did not felt terrible at the beginning, but my stomach was not feeling all right, but once my digestión started during the run ( yeah, running helps with digestión), I started to feel fantastic, plus the weather was Good also, although I sweat like a pig, because I wore a long sleeve t shirt. I was a bit tired from my tempo yesterday, but I could manage the pace very well.

All in all around 15.2-15.5k total. Eventually I want to increase these long runs to 2 hours, to get to another new level where I have not been before.

Anyway, a Good week of training and finally I am getting back to the shape that I want to be in.

6 runs this week.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario