miércoles, 5 de febrero de 2020

Catching up

On Sunday -  I was going to run in the morning, but I woke up very hungry and did not have much plan for the afternoon, so I decided to run in the afternoon. The plan was to run 90 mins with the last 6k at maratón effort or something like that, of course as my last 3k are in the Street on my way to home, I did the marathon pace segment in the Turia park and took the last 3k as my cool down in case I have to stop during intersections, which usually I have. I have never run a maratón, but faster than easy. In the end it was roughly half marathon pace.

I went out from my home  to the Turia park, ran till the 0k mark (the starting point of the Turia park), I had there 17:xx something in my watch, then did 10k to get back to that point, first 4k were in 6:08,6:05, 6:00,6:00, then started my 6k at a faster pace, 5:24 and I felt somewhat tired, I told to myself that maybe thats what I had for the day and tried to maintain the very same effort, but the following kms were easier and way faster, so that was a Good news, next 5 kms were in: 5:12,5:12,5:10,5:10,5:14, so around 26:00s for the 5k. I feel very satisfied with that since I had run a tempo the day before, but luckily that tempo did not take a lot since I did it by effort. I am very strong, but the thing is that I lack that extra gear in the momento, but I recover quickly and can maintain a slow pace for a lot of time. Did those 10k in around 55:20s or something like that. Then did 3k to home to complete my 90 mins run, in total it was around 15.5k or something like that.

6 runs for the week and a solid week of training. Feeling pretty Good and strong, but feel like crap during intervals and Tempos, but on longer runs I am just feeling pretty Good.

Monday -  I took the day off as planned.

Tuesday - After work at 7:30 p.m. I headed out to the Blasco park to do an easy run plus strides, it seems that I did not handle my watch properly, since at the end my watch said 28:37, but the truth is that I ran 9 laps in the Blasco park, so around 50 mins, dont know the exact time though. From laps 6-8 did 6 strides and then 1 lap easy to add a bit  of volumen. 8.1k total. Felt pretty Good, but I am feeling very heavy at faster paces, I dont feel like I am running in my legs,( maybe I am getting fat Little by Little), I Will keep an eye on that, since I dont want to lose the fitness that I have gotten in the last year. In the end the weather was Good and I felt really Good, but just feeling heavy at faster paces.

Wednesday - For today I had planned to do intervals, but this time in the Turia park where distances are well marked. After work I headed out to the Turia park at 7:05 p.m. or something lik that, it was already dark and a lot of people in the side walks so my warm up and cool down were a bit messy. Anyway, warmed up 15 mins including 5 x 50m striders to loosen up.

I had planned to do 4 x 1000m with around 500m recovery, but I did a bit less than 500m, maybe 450m or something like that. I wanted to run sub 4:15 on all repeats, but that was not the case, I have to accept that I am not in the shape that I was in August, September. After seeing the fist repeat in 4:20 once again, and kind of huffing and puffing, the goal was just to stay close to that for the remaining of the workout, although I know that once I warm up, I run faster and it feels easier. It was not the case for the second repeat as it was 4:20 again. At that point I just said, whatever, just finish the workout and run relaxed without losing the form. 3rd repeat came in 4:15 and the last repeat came in 4:09. I feel satisfied with how I finished the workout, but I am pretty slow, I could run 4:00s without problems and hammer the last one in sub 4 mins, but I cannot no longer do that, because I feel that I am at my máximum gear, although I feel strong and feel under control, my legs feel that they are their highest speed. After the 4th repeat I felt strong and it seems that I was starting to warm up, I decided to do 2 x 200s after 400m jog after the last 1000m repeat, the 2 x 200s were in 44 and 43 seconds, I recovered 200m between repeats.

Did 16:30 to cool down. I felt Good and strong, but my speed is not there, however, I have not run those paces in a 5k just yet, so maybe I was training too fast and this is the right effort, however, these type of repeat should be done at 3-5k race pace, and I think I just hit the right effort although my ego and previous results see them as slow.

Around 10.5k total or something like that. Those 200s felt really Good, Good form and Good mechanics.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario