sábado, 1 de febrero de 2020

Afternoon blah 6k tempo run

Today I was going to do my 6k tempo run in the morning, but when I woke up at 9:00 a.m. I was very hungry, so decided to move the workout to 4 p.m. to run the workout fueled and to have a Good workout. However, that was not the case, I completed the 6k in a shitty time and feeling like crap, I almost quit in the 4th kms. I never looked at the watch, but took splits in every km because I wore my Timex. I dont know why in every workout I am feeling like crap, but the Good news is that in races I seem to feel Good and have the legs fresh eventhough I pretty much do the same easy runs before saturday workouts or weekend races, anyway, as long as I dont feel like crap during races I am fine.

I never looked at the watch today, but the finishing time was not surpring, since the second lap I knew that I was not running at normal 4:40s per km, I knew that I was running near 5 mins per km. Looking at my splits post run, I did a negative Split and the splits were very even and I could pull the last km as my fastest eventhough I almost give up with 2 kms to go, I had to put my strong mind to use during those fast kms, that mental training serve me well during races. To be honest, I felt better in the4k mark on Sunday`s race than on the 4k mark on Today`s tempo and the pace was much slower, maybe I am still tired from the race, maybe I am still tired from my fartlek on Wednesday, maybe the 20+ Celsius today affected me since we have used to running in the cold and today was exceptionally hot day given this time of year. Anyway, the effort was there and its my first 6k tempo run in months, I had been sticking to 5k tempos, but its time to ramp up. I suspect that next week`s tempo Will feel better and is going to be faster. I Will aiming for sub 29 mins and I Will look at my watch at every km, still I Will run by feel and if I feel that its turning into race effort, I Will back off, but I want to see a 28:XX in my watch.

The idea today was to ignore the watch and to feel the pace, the pace that I think I could sustain in 12k or so. In the second half I realized that that pace was too fast for today. Splits per km were 4:52 ( too slow¡, 4:58 ( too slowww, 9:50 for 2k), 4:51 (14:42 for 3k), 4:50 (19:32 for 4k), 4:56 (24:28, at 5k I thought that I could run sub 24 mins, today was not that day), 4:41 for the last km, I kind of surprised with that one, since in the last one I just wanted to finish and only sped up in the last 200s a bit, finished in 29:10. The splits were not that bad and I did 14 seconds negative Split that is something positive. Anyway, the training was done and should continue.

15:35 warm up including 5 short strides, 15:10 to cool down to home. Around 10.6 kms or something like that.

Tomorrow I Will do 90 mins as my long run and if I feel decent I Will run the last 5k at maratón effort (around 5:20 per km) to teach my body to run faster when tired and to do my long run more Dynamic. I suspect I Will cover around 15 kms.

Have a great Saturday!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario