sábado, 22 de febrero de 2020

Catching up

Yes, I have been running, but the running has been pretty easy, trying to get this soreness out of my system.

Wednesday -After work at 7:15 p.m.  I did 8 laps in the Blasco park in 45:35. This time the pace was much more even than Tuesday. Still a sore. I dont remember the last time that I was so sore for that long.

Thursday - Again after work at 7:20 p.m.I did 9 laps in the Blasco park. From laps 6-8 I did 6 strides and felt Good on those, but still felt some soreness, but I think that the strides Will take care of that. I did 8.1k in 50:25. Felt Good and strong.

Friday - After work again at 7:15 p.m. I did 8 laps again in the Blasco park. Kept the effort really and did 45:40 for 8 laps (7.2k). Felt really Good and easy. Weather was Good.

Today I headed out for my shake out run at 10:30 a.m. fasted, I just did 6 laps in 33:42, which is around 5.4k total. First lap was 5:46 and then ran faster and faster, but keeping the effort real easy. I am Racing a 5k tomorrow as I said, last year 23:00, this is the first time that I run a race in Valencia twice and could compare 2 races from one year to the next, running sub 23 mins should be an indication of improvement but during the summer of last year I ran low 22 mins, so right now I think I am slower than that (albeit stronger). To be honest, the goal is to run around 22:30, I think I can do that, but I dont have pressure, because the important race for me was last week`s 15k race where I wanted to do well, and I did well according to my own training and capabilities. The soreness is gone by now and I think I am ready, but I think during the race I Will know if I am still tired from last weekend`s race or not, either way I Will run by best for the day. Its Good that my brother is running it too.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario