sábado, 13 de septiembre de 2014

Good Saturday run and random thoughts

Yesterday I took the day off, had not taken a day off this week so yesterday it was. This early morning I went out with my father at 6:00 a.m. to the mirador, I dropped him after the mile and I was moving at a good effort, put the watch on time of day and just finished the 8k in 45:13. Happened to be a half marathon time trial there in the park, I was encouraging runners as they passed by. I have came to the conclusion that running is a human sport, you gotta be humble in that sport because there will be people that willl be much faster than you, but not more of a runner than yourself, its not about speed its about admiring other's people effort and sacrifices. For me that is more surprising than the actual speed. My father finished in around 48+ mins. I felt good but felt faster than the actual speed, no biggies I  am heading the right direction. I cant imagine where I can get if I run 6 times per week for a lot of time consistently. In the past years ( 4-5) I have suffered what I could  name it as cumulative inconsistency, I have not stopped running altogether, but the lack of consistency made me fatter and much slower, plus it removed me the guts to train hard and move forward in life. I need to have the balls to keep training hard consistently, not only in running, but in other areas of life as well.  Ha!! What a big rambling folks! Have a great Saturday!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario