lunes, 29 de junio de 2015

Zapping the zero with some tempo kms

Yesterday I took the day off to not force things. I went out running today at 6:10 p.m. to the conservatory and the shin was bothering a bit, but after 300s it was just fine( not 100  % though), I got to the conservatory in 7:38, then did 1 lap in 6:09, then sped up for 2 laps, wanted to do some fast laps today to test the legs and to burn more calories, I am reading a running and weightloss book and I was motivated to run faster today. Laps were in 5:18 and 5:10, probably physiologivally that is my tempo pace right now, although some time ago that was easy for me, but the past is the past, I need to concentrate in getting back to my old form and weight. After the fast couple of laps, Jose joined me for one more lap and I did that in 5:58 eventhough the first half of that lap was very slow as I was trying to recover from the previous 2 laps. After 4 laps I ran around 70 more seconds to complete around 5.5k in 31:40.

I felt really good because I could run faster today and challenge myself a bit, running the same pace every day do nothing to improve your fitness, so that was a confidence booster even if it were 2 laps. The shin in those faster laps did not bother, dont know if it was because I was so focused in the effort more than the shin, or the change in stride helped a ton. I am starting to believe that oversuse injuries are related to running the same pace everyday.

5.5k in 31:40.

Need to keep things in check as I dont want to go backwards with the shin.

Have a great Monday!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario