lunes, 11 de abril de 2016

Every two days

It seems that I am posting every 2 days , and that is becoming a lot of work, because the posts are long and I might forget some details of each run.

Yesterday (Sunday) I wanted to do a tempo run, but I felt somewhat tired because that week I did not run easy at all, I only did one easy run, but other days were easy, but accelerating in the middle or toward the end, but that has to end, you really cant progress that way, because you are in no man land, no pushing enough to get enough benefits, nor running easy enough to recover for the harder days.

Anyway, I went out to the conservatory and wanted to do a 5 laps (5k) tempo run by feel, 1.2 warm up to get there, 5 laps at tempo effort, then 1 lap easy and 1.2k to get home for a total of 8.5k. I did just that, but the time frustrated me once more , but the effort was certainly there. Splits were:5:40,5:33,5:28,5:22,5:12, for a total of 27:17 for 5 laps. Heck, that felt unconfortable, but the last lap was the hardest and I was running close to my tempo pace, or at least the pace that I run my tempos in the mirador. 8.5k total for the day and felt dissapointed with the time, but glad that I put some effort there, was tired from previous days.

5 runs for the week, the same as last week. No biggies, the consistency is there.

Today (Monday), I headed out to the conservatory earlier than usual after work, I got from work walking to home, and I got earlier, so at 6:55 p.m. I was already running, much earlier than the 7:20 p.m. that I am used to. I took advantage of it, and the fact that I wont run tomorrow, because I have a commitmment in Mcdonalds.

I decided to run more than 60 mins, and that became 70 mins. I just started out easy without looking at the watch. Given the yesterday`s effort was not that hard, I felt very good today, it was faster than my recovery pace. Did 9 laps in the conservatory and then did 6:38 , I completed those 6 plus mins heading to the mini market to buy some water. I estimated the total distance was around 11.5k. which is good given my current condition and I felt very good, could have run much longer for sore.

Splits were 8:01to get to the conservatory, then 9 laps in :6:14,6:14,6:11,6:09,6:00,6:06,6:04,6:04,5:58,then 6:38 to complete the 70 mins. Felt very good and did not look at the watch during the run, just at the end. The pace was very even in my opinion.

Have a great day!


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario