jueves, 24 de junio de 2021

5k PONLE FRENO VALENCIA

 This was a very fun race and the route was great. The only bad thing is that it was not an actual 5k race, it was a 5.11k according to several GPS watches. I dont wear a watch in races, but the 5k mark was well ahead of the finish line.

However, if that would have been a 5k I again ran 23 and some change, so I did not get sub 22 mins I think. I felt pretty good and strong. What stole the opportunity to get down from 23 mins was that We headed in the starting line well back and in the first 800m, I had to dodge a lot of people, thus running from one side to the other so that made me lose a lot of time. Ran hard and strong and in the last stretch of 600m really increased the pace and passed a lot of people, finishing in a spint, but not as strong as last week`s race. 

I enjoyed the race and route, felt pretty strong and could have kept going, the thing is that I cannot find another gear to run faster in the very moment. The heat was not as strong as last week. Total time was 23:32 or so, in the results the clock time is showed and I appears like if I ran 24:10. My brother ran 24:04 and I beated him by 32 seconds. Never watched him in the race.

Good effort, but run 23.00 or over for the 5k let me a bitter taste in my mouth. Right now, I am taking a mini break of 3 days off and I will run this evening to start a new block of training for the upcoming races. Maybe I wont race more until August as I cannot find another race soon. However, I have to put racing in the back burner for a bit and start training hard again.

I have run 5 races in 5-6 weeks which is plenty. Time to rest a little. From next week also, I will ramp up from 5 days of running to 6 days of running. I have been training 5 times per week for 7 months now, and its time to get back to 6 days per week to see if I can improve my performance like races pre covid.

I will updated photos this evening. 




No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario