miércoles, 9 de junio de 2021

Back to the blog

 I have decided to get back to my blog and leave Strava behind. After several months using it, its not for me. This blog is more personal. I have been training very well and have raced 4 times in the last 5 weeks. These races have been:

5.7k in 26:35

 Valencia corre 5k in 22:42

5k for the oceans in 22:37, this was 100 m short and the headwind was very strong for 2+ kms. This was a fun race though and the next day we could get a long run in. Race was on Saturday.

I will race this sunday in a 5.2k race. The heat is going up and a couple of bridges on that race. I will give my all though.

I have been training 5 times per week, did 2 hour long runs for 8 weeks or so. Then Given that the races are short I am doing my long runs of 90 mins and its amazing how easy these 90 mins feel once you have gone up to 2 hours.  Intervals on Wednesday and tempos on Saturdays.


Today I was up at 5:07 a.m. and was out at 05:50 a.m. to the Turia park alone, my brother cut his finger and cannot run for the next several days, maybe he wont race either. A bummer. His finger will be fine in the next week or so. 

I warmed up 15:40 today easy to the turia park and there I did 6 x 15 seconds with 45 seconds rest walking. Then did 8 x 400m with 200m jog rest in between. It was hot this morning, and this workout was slower than the one I did 3 weeks ago, but I felt controlled though. Splits were :1:38, 1:40,1:35, 1:37,1:34, 1:37, 1:35, 1:32. If i recall correctly this was the splits. A bit slower than last time, but it was hotter today and I was somewhat tired from the weekend of training eventhough I rested on Monday and Tuesday, so that means that I will run for the rest of the week to get my 5 runs in.

All in all I felt good with this workout and the effort was there. 15:14 easy cool down to home. Around 9.5k or 6 miles for the day. 

Now easy until race day.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario