sábado, 26 de junio de 2021

Back on the wagon

 I rested  6 days from running. The plan was to rest 2 days, but one rest day bring other. I decided that it would be my " break" from the season to feel less guilty. At the same time, it marks an end and a beginning. On september / october there are a couple of good races. I even signed up for the 10k Ibercaja, one of most competitive 10k in spain, generally around 20 000 people run, but this time there were only room for 6000. Race is October 3rd and I signed up on Wednesday, because it will run out quickly. Today I put a rest at my rest.

But contraty to popular believe, rest is not always good for you, in fact I today started my run with cramps in my ankle, and my calves were very tight, as if I was very still, if today was a workout/ race day it would have been a disaster. I felt good in the first 10 mins, but then after that I felt horrible and dragging to complete the 45 mins.

At 7:10 a.m. today I headed out to the port 23 mins, then turned around and got home in 45:15. My brother and I met at the port. I explained to him, that sometimes rest can be detrimental to your fitness. 

Or maybe I just eat too much, and when I dont run for 6 days that extra calories adds up quickly, oh well. 

Today is the start of a new cycle of training. I hope not to lose what I had already built until week ago.


Have a great Saturday!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario