jueves, 17 de junio de 2021

Second evening run of the year

 Today I again ran in the evening after work. I started the run at 7:15 p.m. with the sun shining hard. The plan for today was to do a recovery run of 48-50 mins to simulate my morning easy runs. I did a lot of laps in the blasco park, first one was 5:34, last one in 5:22, all the rest in between those ranges. Felt good really, but the sun and the heat bother a lot and I sweating a ton. However, generally felt good.  The reason I ran in the evening today and yesterday is that I am waking out of no where at 4 a.m or before and I cannot get back to sleep until 1+ hour later. These days are stressful at work and sleeping less than necessary guarantee a headache the whole day. A headache at the work place leading with stress is not good. When I get up at 07:15 a.m. I hardly ever suffer a headache, but when I wake up at 5:15 a.m. on workout days for example, the headache is guarantee. I will get back to the morning running of course, because its much more convenient, but sometimes you have to adap for your own particular situation. Sometimes is not easy to do a hard workout in the morning and then deal with a very stressful day at work. Likewise, is not easy to do a hard workout after a hard long day at the office. You have to find what works best for you and that might change from time to time. The most important thing is to keep training consistently no matter the time of day.

49:10 total for the day sweating a lot. I would guess it was around 8 -8.1k. Did not felt sore at all from the workout.

Another thing that I forgot to mention is that yesterday the hamstring/glute bothered me a lot in the second half of the tempo, I almost quit, but then felt better. Today It bothered me a lot in the office. When I was running I could feel it, but could run easy without problems, but the pull / strain is there.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario