miércoles, 16 de junio de 2021

Evening 5k tempo run : First evening run since December 31 of 2020

 Rested Monday and Tuesday. I am running 5 times per week, but lately I am resting Monday and Tuesday and then runni from Wednesday until Sunday. I dont like it so much, because its better to rest on Monday and then rest on Thursday for example, that allows for more flexibility. Anyway, its my fault because I have been lazy sometimes to wake up early. 

Today I did not wake up early either, so given that my 2 rest days budget was over I had to run in the evening. Today was my first evening run of the year. I had not run in the evening since December 31, which was a 5k time trial with Jorge, his brother, Danilo and myself. 

I did not want to run easy today, because I had rested 2 consecutive days and today was a workout day so no point in running easy. 

I headed out at 07:30 p.m. to the blasco park to do my warm up, at that point I did not know if I was going to do a 5k fartlek of 1 min fast and 1 min slow, or a 5k tempo run. When I finished the warm up which was 15 mins including 5 x 50m accelerations after the 8 mins. I opted for the 5k tempo, which was 5.5 laps in the blasco park. 

Honestly it was pretty hot, but I felt good. The pace did not feel hard and I thought that I would finish more tired. The goal was to do a controlled effort, maybe 24:45-24:50 for the 5k. I finished in 24:17 accelarating the last 500m (no sprint). Unlike, my tempos in the harbor, I checked the watch on every lap today.

At the end, I was a bit tired, but even running easy was hard today, it felt like a sauna.

Splits per lap (900m or so) were: 4:22,4:28,4:20,4:30, 4:24, 2:13 ( last 500m), I checked the last lap ( I mean exactly one lap until the point that I finished and I did it in 4:13.

then stopped for a couple of mins, then started my cooled down which was 17:30 of easy running and very thirsty. I did around 6 miles of total running today. Not a very hard workout, but hard enough that stress my body.

It felt nice to run in the evening today, you see a lot more people than in the morning. However, on a regular basis is better to run in the morning, because its something comes up in the evening, the run is out. Luckily, I planned my run very well today and I was going to do my workout today no matter what.

Have a great night!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario