domingo, 14 de noviembre de 2021

Afternoon steady state run

 Today at 5:10 p.m. I headed out to the Blasco park to do my old 8 laps, starting from home of course. This was supposed to be an easy run, but I felt good after 10 mins so decided to make it a progressive run. I felt good and controlled, but in the last lap I was hufing and puffing and felt like I never warmed up, in fact at the end my ears were bothering me a bit, because of the cold wind. I ran in short sleeves, because for 16 celisus, you dont even need wind breaker. Splits per lap were: 5:33, 5:13, 5:00, 4:56 4:51,4:51, 4:25. Felt controlled until the last lap, then the effort was big. Finished in 42:11, so 4+ mins faster than yesterday. This was not an easy run, but it was not a hard run either, something in between. Thats why I titled this entry " steady state". I must admit that that slow pace of 5:20 per km neuromusculary feels fast, I am getting old quickly. 

The right leg was bothering me in the first lap, but then felt ok, did not bother me much durin the faster part, so that its good news. 

3 runs for the week. The last 3 days of the week, but this is the beginning of a hard training cycle. Back to 6 runs per week. 

Nice weather today, but on weekends its much better to run in the morning, when you run in the evening, you pretty much have that pending the whole day. Time to switch back to weekend morning runs, next week. 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario