viernes, 12 de noviembre de 2021

Back to training after 9 days off

 Today I finally was back to training after 9 days off. It was a mix of lazyness and wanting to heal from the ciatica pain. Today enough was enough and after work at 07:15 a.m. already dark, I headed out to the blasco park and did 35:25 total time. The pace was the same as always and I felt pretty good, the lost in fitness did not show. However, its on workouts that you realize how much fitness you have lost. The pain in my hamstring went away, but my pain in the ciatica has not. Its clear that rest its not the answer. I could run through it, but it was there. I will keep running through it though. Besides that issue, I felt great and weather helped a ton. Running in short sleeves, it would be too hot to run with a windbreaker. All in all a good run and if the injury behaves, I will probably do a race next Sunday of 6+k. Its a race within the circuit of Valencia that I have not run and its in the center of Valencia, in the metropolitan area. I ran a portion of it in the 15k night race, but in the next race, I would run during the day.

I have been eating like a pig so I have put on weight. Its nice to get back to running, because I was moving towards the dark path, I would be lost without running. I would be obese. I eat too much.

 I got to get back to 73 mins in 15k race like in 2019. I will try to run sub 1:15 on February 15k Abierta al mar. This year its in 2 days, but given the circunstances I wont do it this year, I hope that next year they follow their normal schedule and is held in February hopefully. Lets see how it goes, but I wont let that all my fitness gained this year go to waste.

Have a great Friday!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario