jueves, 18 de noviembre de 2021

Farlek night workout

 Yesterday was a day off. I said that I was going to run in the morning, but I did not. In the morning my leg bothers me a little and an extra day wont certainly hurt the leg. In the evening I was in the movies and I could not run. I must admit that I have been pretty lazy to run in the morning given that its the coldest of the day at tht time.

Today I ran after work at 7:15 p.m. but already dark. Today I had planned a fartlek workout, but not too hard, just 6-8 x 1 mins repeats with 1 mins easy running in between. I want to play it safe because of the race that I have on Sunday and because of the right leg. 

I warmed up 15 mins easy ( did not do strides) ad move my legs back and forth to loosen up and waited around 2 mins before starting the fartlek. I did 8 x 1 mins fast and 1 mins easy in between. I stopped the watch at 15 mins and was huffing and puffing, but felt really strong and good. The leg behave, but it was bothering me a bit. I did a bit more than 3 laps and averaged sub 5 mins per km including the recovery, so better than expected really. Stayed hungry for more, but given that the race is close and have to take care of the leg I called it a day at 8 repeats. Then did 3 laps cool down in 16:56 ( 5:50,5:37,5:29). Felt pretty good and strong. I hope to feel like that on Sunday, but I have to admit that I am a bit overweight and not sharp enough to run sub or close to 23 mins in the 5k like in May / June. 

Good workout and good evening for running. Shorts and short sleeve. By now dont need to wear more than that, but on Sunday as the race is early in the morning, I probably will wear a long sleeve shirt, although not sure. 


Have a great Thursday!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario