jueves, 25 de noviembre de 2021

Evening easy recovery run

 Today I ran at 6:30 p.m. in the blasco park very easy to recovery. Felt pretty good today despite the right leg bothered me for the first 200m or so, then it went pretty well. Decided no to look at the watch and just ran easy. Finished the 7.5k total in 47:25. I wore my windbreaker today and I felt pretty good, not cold, not hot. 

Today I finally after a lot of time my brother suggesting me, I ordered a GPS watch for the first time. In my 19 years of running, I have never worn a GPS watch, and on Saturday I will wear one for the first time. I love the simplicity of running and even race my races watchless. However, in the past year I have not improved the way I wanted despite training hard and only resting when I had COVID 19. A watch wont make me run faster, but maybe will allow to analize my training ( DATA)  better, we will see. Maybe I will get tired of it pretty quicky and go back to my 10 EUR basic watch. 

I am even considering racing with the GPS on Sunday 5k race. I wont look at it though, so its the same as running without, but I will be able to see my splits post race and not eating my head wondering is the distance is accurate or not. 

When you are not running in a certified course, it can get really frustrating, you dont know if you ran 4.9k, or 5.1k, or 5.04k or whatever. The GPS is not 100% accurate, but gives a pretty good idea. Also it gets frustrating when you are racing watchless and there are no km markers on the course, you pretty much are running blind, or sometimes there are markers, but you are running with so many people that you miss them.

And last, but no least, here in Valencia you pretty much run in mass races, where you are not really racing, you have so many people next to you, that you cannot focus on one person, or another, its difficult to explain. But head to head competition here is very difficult, unless  its a little race like the run for the oceans that I was battling head to head with a guy in the last km. But other than that, you pretty much are in a parade, and you have to run your own race, because if you compete with other, you dont know if that person went out 30 seconds behind you, or 20 seconds ahead. 

The idea is not to look at the watch, but if for whatever reason I want to look at it, at least I have the option. 

Also with a GPS watch it will be much easier to upload the data on strava. 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario