lunes, 29 de noviembre de 2021

Catching up

 I got  Polar GPS and raced a 5k race on Sunday (yesterday). It did not go as planned. Not because of the watch, I think the watch helped because it let me know when each km was as the course was not marked. I am posting my workouts on strava as its easier now that I  only have to upload the activity. Basically I got out well for the first 2-3k and then bonk in the last 2kms. I did just under 25 mins I think. Splits as per the watch are: 4:43, 4:44, 4:55, 5:17, 5:07. The first 2 kms were downhill, last 2 were uphill. Anyway, I dont know whats happening, on May and June I ran 5 races and all were in the range of 22:42 and 23:05 because there were different courses. Almost 2 mins faster than now and training one day less per week.

I have come to the conclusion that I run well off 5 days per week of running, instead of 6 runs. It seems that with 6 runs, i dont asimilate the training well, whereas with 5 days of running per week I trained hard but at the same time was fresh and looking forward to my workouts. 

I have decided that for a while I will get back to 5 runs per week and see if that makes a different, as 25:00 for 5k is just too slow (in my case) given that I did 22 a few months ago and my training has not changed much, nor I took months off running, just a couple of weeks due to sickness/ injury. I dont understand.

Today I did 10.56 kms and worked my pace down to 5:55 pretty easy, and in the race I reached 5:17 huffing and puffing, i dont know the reason. Ok, no more complains, back to 5 runs per week and see what happends, the structure will be the same, 2 workouts per week, 1 long run and 2 easy runs. From time to time, will push the long run a little and want to run more than 2 hours. Taking advantage of the cold weather to run long. 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario