miércoles, 10 de noviembre de 2021

Catching up

 A lot of time without posting. I was in my country from October 16 until November 2nd and I did train there. I have to say that the heat there is nothing compared with the temperature here in Spain. However, once you get used to the heat, you run pretty good and feel good. When I came back here in Spain the weather was below 15 degrees and it was somewhat unconfortable, once you get used to the caribbean. Of course you run better in cold weather than in hot weather. I wanted to do a tempo run there or an interval workout at the same times that I do here in spain, but its a pending homework. 

I ran 6 times on the first week, it was an adaptation week,but by the end of the week I was already used to the heat, but the first few days I was dead and on easy runs and was huffing and puffing.

All my easy runs were 60 mins in duration and the last kms were sub 6 mins per km. I did 2 workouts in the first week: 1 day I did 3k warm up easy in 19:58 ( no strides) to the mirador then did 1x 1600 and then 5 x 400m, 7:17, 1:35, 1:49, 1:47,1:44, 1:41 and 3k warm down in 20:15. I was dead and soaked wet after this workout, as you can see the 400s were way slower than I am used to in Valencia. However, that day was only our 3rd day there and I was not adapted. I ran 20 seconds faster than my brother in the mile, but he defeated in the 400s.

The second workout was on Friday in the mirador as well, did 3k warm up in 19:58 again (no strides), then did 5k tempo run in 25:21, 4:53 first km , half in 12:29,but ran a positive split. I felt good, but did not have another gear, and i was still adapting to the heat. My brother did 25:49, but after the 500m I was alone.

On Saturday, I did 1 hour easy in the conservatory incorporating 6 strides in the last lap, but in the afternoon I was sit and when I woke up I started to limp because of a Ciatica problem in my right leg, that was the reason that I could not do any sustancial workout after that. All my runs after that were limping in the first 5 mins.

On Sunday did 60 mins again, 6 runs for that week and 2 workouts.

Next week did 5 runs, 3 runs of 60 mins in the conservatory ,one run of 40mins ( this was the last run in the Dominican Republic and cut the run short because my ciatica was bothering me a lot) and did a marathon pace run on Friday also in the conservatory, did 15 mins easy to warm up (  no strides), then did 6 laps at marathon pace, goal was 33:00,but did 31:38 with splits of 5:20,5:27, 5:16, 5:16,5:14,  5:05. I am in good shape and this did not take out a lot from me specially in the heat, did 15 mins to cool down. Did around 11k for the day. 

After that last run of 40 mins I did not run until Wednesday to give my leg a break, next run was last Wednesday 3/11 and was the same day I arrive Valencia.  In the evening at 5:45 a.m. , Did 44:44 for my usual route in the Blasco park, Started full because I ate lunch late, but in the last 2 laps did 5:00 and  4:53, so finished feeling good. The leg behave well, but the next day was bothering me and I have not run since then. Its getting dark at 5:50 p.m. so all runs will be run in the dark ( except on weekends).

Today I will get back to it, walking, the leg is not bothering me much although I feel something, lets see how it behave during my run this evening

It was good to see my father and my family again, nothing like home. Both Synday´s run my father ran with us.He still can keep a 6 min pace per km, but he is out of shape, because he is not training often. 

Looking to get back to my home next year again and not injure myself. Glad that I could run consistently and the injury came at the end. 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario