domingo, 18 de agosto de 2013

Hot morning run

This morning I woke up for the second time at 7:30 a.m. since I woke up at 4 a.m. not feeling sleepy, then sit for 30 mins and the sleepyness feeling came back so went back to sleep to 7:30 a.m. At 8 a.m. I headed out to the conservatory with a lot of heat, As usual lately I headed out without a watch and just did 8.5k( 6 laps in the conservatory) at a relaxed pace, when I was about to finish the 4th lap, Danilo appeared and We ran together till I had to get out of the conservatory. I felt good, but I was thirsty and the heat affected me, but the effort felt low and the pace good. I ll start training without a watch for a while and see what that freeing experience takes me, I trained that way in 2010 for months I was surprised with the results, the workouts were wild and kind of fartlek, very funny,today´s runners are too consumed by technology that they forget why they do this and the simplicity of it, no equipment needed aside from a pretty good shoes. Running today is a bussiness and tech is empowering of the running with all those garmins and tech equipments, way back people trained without a watch and the repeats they did was from landmarks to landmarks and telephone poles to telephones pole, so its good to remind why We run and think as running as a simple sport rather than a tech rat sport!! Have a great Sunday!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario