sábado, 23 de noviembre de 2013

Fast morning run with my father 8( He won)

This morning my father wanted to do a 10k time trial and He carried his watch( he rarely carry it these days) to improve his 52 min 10k from last week, in which He did not run all out. Well I wanted to join him, but I am in pretty bad shape due to my inconsistency, but I am coming back to my 6 days a week running.

As the last 3 months I dont carry a watch, I told my father to not call out splits, I did not want to know. The pace at the beginning was fast, was fast for me so I stayed back and He started to gap me, I hoped him to fall back, but if not, then no biggies its all fun!the gap was around 30-40m , till the 4.5k mark, I finally could join him, but I was not running confortably, the breathing was somewhat labored and the inconsistency was starting to catch up to me , We crosssed the halfway together, but when We turned around He gapped me again for 10m , We kept that way till 7.2k, there I stopped to tie my shoes and to cheat( rest) a bit, was around 15 seconds though, then started running again I was feeling much better, the legs were heavy though! wel He finished  the 10k in 49:53, according to his watch I did 50:46, I was very surprised, I thought I was going to do 53-54 mins, so that was a good time, but since I am not monitoring it anymore in training, I just focused in my feels and let my mind wander a bit during the run. It was fun, but I did suffer a bit, I am not used to that pace anymore because of my inconsistency. I am starting to train consistently again, so I should feel better at a much faster paces later on, but who knows! I am just running how I feel on the day, when I want to push I push, when I dont feel good I run easy. Running should be a joy not a job, when you feel obligated to do something like in the army. Have a great Saturday!!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario