domingo, 19 de marzo de 2017

Catching up for the week

This week I only ran 3 times. Rested on Tuesday, Wednesday, friday and Today.

So on Monday evening I was not feeling pretty well, so I decided to get out running at 7:00 p.m., I ended up doing 5 laps in the conservatory and back. Finished the 7.5k in 45:42.

On Thursday eveing, I went out again at 7: something p.m. The plan was to do 7.5k, but I did not feel well, Felt flat and full of gases so cut the run short and did 5.5k in 34:47.

On Saturday morning, I went out with my father to the conservatory and I was feeling good, dropped him early, got to the conservatory in 7:35, then did 5 laps in 6:11,6:12, in the 3rd lap decided to easy up a little so that I would try to run 10 mins in the last 2 laps. The 3rd lap came in 6:19, then the 10 min challenge started, 4th lap in 5:03, wsa huffing and puffing more than necessary, then tried to push the pace so that I could make up the time that I lost in the 4th lap, 5th lap came again in 5:03, so 10:06, and the worst was that I had to stop for about 20-30 seconds to catch my breath before heading home at an easy pace. I then decided to race the watch and in the last 500s incorporated 2 x 100s strides to finish up the 7.5k in under 44 mins. Worked out well since I finished in 43:56.

I felt good today, but I did not feel good in the fast portion, I had to put a lot of effort to maintain that pace, I felt heavy also, it seems that I have been gaining weight, because in the 100s strides I felt like a truck with the 4 doors open.

Anyway, happy to have run.

Today I slept in a little because I went to bed after 2 a .m. watching the baseball game between the Dominican Republic and USA, as I am dominican, I lost. Wanted to run in the evening, but life got in the way so I could not run.

Tomorrow is another start to the week and I hope to run more next week!

Have a great Sunday!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario