sábado, 4 de marzo de 2017

Things heading the right direction

Today I did another morning run, I headed out to the conservatory at 7:30 a.m. with my father, We got there in 7:48, and I was ahead by a couple of seconds. My father yesterday evening did a sand workout in the beach and He was tired, so I was trying to shake him off , yes I pretty much race him even on easy days,  maybe because He destroyed me past weekend Sunday and Monday.

I did 3 laps there in 6:21,6:11,6:11, I glanced back and He was close, with 600s to go, I watched him through the bus station mirror and He was coming by me quietly and I accelerate a bit and before going the big downhill, I yelled" I know that you are right there" and pushed myself through the downhill, built another gap and could finish the 5.5k in 33:34. Of course I pushed, but at an easy effort, He finished in 33:52. I think He is in great shape. I did the last 1.2k in 6:33 or so, so not too shabby given my feels this past week.

In regards to that, I was not feeling 100%, but I am feeling a lot better and I can finally make surges and dont feel flat, tomorrrow I do plan on increasing the mileage a bit and the goal is to feel even better, its time to ramp up the training once again.

I said that I was going to race a 5k next Saturday, I am not sure about that just yet, that will depend on how do I feel during the week, no point, in racing when you are feeling bad. We will see! maybe I wont say anything when I do race, because I alwasys say that I am going to race and often end up not racing.

Have a great Saturday!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario