domingo, 12 de marzo de 2017

Morning 8k to end the week

Yesterday night I ate a lot and drink three beers, I wanted to only drink one, but as soon as the Dominican Republic started socring in the baseball game, I got over my head and ordered two more. I really enjoyed that baseball game and even more that my country won. Very fun game!

Today I was up at 6:30 a.m. after going past midnight to bed, Got out at 7:30 a.m. waiting for my father and We headed out to the mirador, I got out at a good clip and decided that I would push the pace to see if I could run 42-43 mins for 8k, but when I saw 16:44, basically the same split that I did 42:24 ,3 weeks ago I decided to run easy for the rest of the run, my calves were getting pretty tight and to hit that time it would be to make the run harder than necessary, so I eased up and hit the halfway in 22:47, then continued easy with the calves very tight, then in the last 2k, the calves were not tight anymore, so I pushed a bit, but not much.

Ended up running 45:19 for 8k,first half in 22:47 and second half in 22:32. second half is downhill for the last 3k, so its easier. My father did around 44:30 for 7.5k or so, He is very tired from his hard run on Friday.

I am happy that I got my run in once again and finish up my week on a good note. 5 runs this week!

I need to ramp up the mileage if I want to see big improvements, and the only way to do that is running early in the morning!

Hope you have a great Sunday!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario