miércoles, 28 de diciembre de 2016

Finally a weekday morning run before work

Yesterday I promised that I would run in the morning today no matter what, I have said, I am leaving work late and its getting complicated to get my run in, because I dont have enough motivation or I am hungry, and sometimes I am just disciplined enough to get my run in. But I know that If I want to get my back to my old PR`s I cant just train like that, I need more consistency.

So I woke up at 4:xx a.m. today, the alarm was set for 5:40 a.m., but after 4:40 a.m. I just could not sleep and just kept moving from right to left on bed, until the alarm went off at 5:40 a.m., my clothes were ready from the night before, so I pretty much woke up, got dressed and out the door at 6:00 a.m.

I was hoping to feel very sluggish and the pace very slow, but I was surprised when I got to the conservatory in 7:35, and the next 5 laps of the run were in 6:07,6:03,6:00,5:58,5:55, back home in 6:52 for 45:03@7.5k.

From the first lap I knew that it was going to be a good day, I was just running easy, but the pace just got quicker and quicker, it seems that the fried chicken yesterday night gave energy.

Honestly, I thought that I was going to feel tired and with a big headache at work, but I felt great during the run, after and at work I felt very positive, although its difficult to maintain positivism in that kind of job, but I felt relaxed and happy knowing that I started my day on a good note, its difficult to explain with words.

Now as I type this, I already did my food for tomorrow, running early in the morning gives you time in the evening (thats where I normally run) to do other important things.

I ll run tomorrow morning again, and I hope that the feeling is the same as today. Bring on Predawn!

Have a great humpday!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario