sábado, 10 de diciembre de 2016

Getting back to the running scene

It has been a long time since I had my last run in, it was not planned though. The last time I ran was the day that I did 3 x 1000s and days after I was in bed sick with fevers and strong body pain. I dont run sick anymore, it just does not worth it anymore. I kind of recovered on Monday and this week at work its been crazy  and I have been leaving work at 8 p.m., no motivation to run at that hour when you are starving, no excuses I know, but sometimes in life our hobbies have to take a back seat for a while. I think that the break finished and I was back in the running scene today.

I woke up early today to run with my father before leaving to  work, my spanish friend joined there in the park. We went out at 7:30 a.m. or so to the park and I just did not look at the watch till the end, I went out to do 5.5k (3 laps in the park), but I was feeling good and decided to do 7.5k my normal run.

We did 5 laps there with laps between in 6:24-6:14. The conversation was good and the run passed by very quickly, I felt that I did not lose any fitness in these 11 days off. Of course I did , but not much. We did 46:46 for 7.5k. I felt really good afterwards and went to work feeling relaxed and strong. Maybe I should shift my running to the morning on weekdays, but that would mean to wake up a lot earlier, I think it worth it. We will see, I am losing a lot of runs, because of late hours at work.

Looking forward to my run tomorrow morning!

Have a great evening!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario