domingo, 16 de julio de 2017

Evening progressive tempo run

Today I skip the morning run, because as I was not going to the concert Bonye today I could afford to run at 5:00 p.m. and today it was Wimbledons tennis open final and I wanted to watch it.

At 5:10 p.m. I headed out to the conservatory, I headed out easy, but as soon as I climbed the big UTESA hill, I started to increase my pace/effort gradually, then I decided that I wanted to see 31 mins in the final time, I never looked at the watch, I only at the end. I did 3 laps in the conservatory and each lap was getting harder, because I was injecting more effort in every lap, but the pace was managable, but on the way home I really increased effort and the last 500s were hard, I finished the run feeling very tired and had to walk several mins to catch my breath, finished the 5.5k in 30:32.

I did have a lot of time without running sub 31 mins in that distance, today I realized that I am in bad shape and need to get back into shape, but I am happy that I stayed strong and finished at strong pace.

Splits were: 7:18 to get to the conservatory, 3 laps in 5:49,5:31,5:21, then back home in 6:02. No wonder why I felt so tired, that pace for me right now is hard, but I think that I am doing the correct actions to get back into shape. My lunch today was potatoes with chicken and did not eat till stuffed, like I usually do, so I knew that I would feel good in today`s run, I fuel my  body, not stuffed it.

I am starting to incorporate potatoes into my diet, I like them, but for some reason never ate them, I think that is a simple vegetable, but leave you satisfied and gives you energy, I ll incorporate plaintains as well, I gotta get back to my ideal weight.

4 runs this week, not ideal, but not a disaster either, and todays tempo gives me an idea of what shape I am in!

Have a great Sunday!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario