sábado, 1 de julio de 2017

Catching up

Wednesday - I went out running at 6:00 a.m. with my father, I felt low in energy, but surprisingly, I did 32:52 for 5.5k. I sped up in the last 150m like I am doing in all my runs. I was surprised with the time.  My father did 33:30.

Thursday - I felt much better than Wednesday and thought that I was going much faster, I did 32:46 for 5.5k at 6:00 a.m..  Sometimes you run faster when you feel worse. My father ran 35:14.

Friday I took the day off and got to work at 6:50 a.m. to catch up on some work. Work is a bit crazy the last few days.

Today -  I was up at 6:20 a.m. but waited longer to get out , I went to bed last night at 2:20 a.m. I was drinking some beers with my father and uncle, then a few friends joined us. I felt better and better as the run went by and finished the 5.5km in 33:10 with splits of 7:33 to get to the conservatory, then the first couple of laps, were basically waiting a fellow runner that was very close to me behind, I did not want to run alone, approaching the finish of the second lap I took a glance back, but did not see him, so I just sped up a bit, then increased pace a bit, from the park to home, accelerating like in the last few runs in the last 100-150m. Laps were 6:24,6:17,6:00 and 6:22 for the last 1.2k. Felt good, but these 5.5k are getting old, I gotta get back to my 7.5k bread and butter runs. This time I had to run alone, but father was tired and let me go for today.

Have a great Saturday!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario