domingo, 3 de septiembre de 2017

Catching up

On Saturday (yesterday) early morning at 7:15 a.m., I headed out with my father to the conservatory , but He pretty much got ahead right off the bat, and as I was recovery and preparing for a workout today, I took things easy.

He built 65 seconds on me and finished the 7.5k in 46:54, I came back in 47:59, I kept the effort very easy, but this heat make things everything but easy.

Yesterday evening I also played basketball, with a coworker, I forgot to mention, but besides the 5k race in the company, I am in the basketball team and our game (s) is on September 13th, I had a lot of years without playing basketball, but I have not lost a lot of my abilities, in fact I think now I am better because I am fatter and can gith better just below the basket.

This morning I wanted to do a mini tempo run of 2 laps in 10 mins of less, I failed because I ran 1 lap in 5:08 and 400m laters I had stomach problems so I bailed the rest right there, then continued easy to complete 5 laps and get back home to complete 7.5k in 47:35. My father came in 54:38, yeah He drank  a lot yesterday! I warmed up to the conservatory, 1 lap easy, then tried to do the 2 laps, but happened what I just told, then the cooldown was to complete the 5 laps.

I am frustrated because those slow paces are getting really old and I am not feeling my best, in fact that 5:08 in the first lap did not feel like a sprint, but it was not a walk in the park either, even a guy that I normally see there with his dog, told me to cut the carbs out since I was fat.

Yeah I am fat, but I am working on it, and I wont cut carbs. I ll try this 2 laps in 10 mins on Wednesday again and see how it feels, then want to do 5-6 x 400s on the weekend. All the rest will be easy recovery runs.

I cant deny that I am pissed off with the way I am feeling and the heat, but I am also glad that I ran 6 times this week. Dont remember the last time I ran 6 times like in the old times.

Have a great weekend!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario