domingo, 17 de septiembre de 2017

Finishing up a good week of training

Today I wanted to do intervals, but decided not to when I woke up at 6:30 a.m., I was full from the fried chicken that I ate yesterday and it was a good decision, because when I had 500m into my run I felt the same as the past Sunday, tight calves and quads.

I headed out with my father at 7:30 a.m., but He fell behind since  He went to bed pretty late and woke up very early, I pretty much run from the 500m mark to the finish alone.

I decided to leave the watch at home because the watch is bringing me tension and frustration because timewise every run that I get in I dont like timewise. So I think it was a smart decision, since despite the heat and the tightness, I felt good at the end and felt very liberated, dont know the time, but I ran 5 laps in the conservatory and back home with 2 strides in the last 500m to loosen up a bit. Felt good at the end, 7.5k total.

In the afternoon,  from 3 p.m. till 6:30 p.m. We played basketball and walked a lot there, so burned a ton of calories, which is good to me, because I find myself overweight. THe guys that I played with, can win the 5k , they are young, skinny and their fast twitches are at its top, so they really can pull it off, I have endurance, but I am an expert in jogging, not running at fast paces, those days are behind. Anyway, I ll try my best and see what happens in that 5k race in a couple of weeks.

We play basketball in Punta Cana on Wednesday.

I ran 6 times per week, I am not content with my speed, but I have to be content with my consistency, I just have to keep up the good work and the consistency going!

Have a great Sunday!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario