sábado, 9 de septiembre de 2017

Catching up

Due to the hurricane Irma I could not run on Thursday. In the morning it was not raining, but We posponed the run till the afternoon, but it was raininghard in the evening, so DNR.

Friday morning I headed out with my father at 6:10 a.m. the plan was to run 7.5k, but I experienced stomach problems, so I cut the run short  and did 5.5k in 36:23. Very slow, because I was very tired from the effort on Wednesday. My father did 7.5k in 48:47, He was way ahead of me.

Today We headed out to the mirador at 6:30a.m., and the plan was to do 8k easy, my father got excited and started racing the 100+ runner that train in the mirador, so He built a big gap and finished the 8k in 47:20. I came a while back in 48:40. I felt pretty good in the second half, I was soaking wet at the end due to the heat. Did not feel the heat, but the sox and sneackers were totally soaked, thats when I realized that it was hot.

I cant deny its frustrating to lose to your father who is 62 years old ( He turned 62 yesterday), I ran easy yes, and was very tired from my workout on Wednesday, but despite that I feel a bit frustrated, because I am still young, sometimes I feel that I am an old guy. But one can I do, if I am tired and my legs are burned an easy recovery run is in order, It would be stupid to race your father on easy runs, so yea He won again.

My splits were 18:42 for first 3k, then did 6:05 and 6:05 for the next 2 k, crossed the 5k in 30:56, then did the last 3k in 17:44 to complete 8k in 48:40.

Tomorrow morning I want to get 5 x 400s with 200m jog in between in the mirador, We will see since I played basketball this evening as well.

Have a great night!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario