miércoles, 6 de septiembre de 2017

Waiting for Irma with a mini tempo effort

Today I left work at 3 p.m. We were allowed to leave due to the hurricane that is coming called Irma. It was supposed to rain in the evening, but no rain yet, just a bit at 2:15 p.m. and no more, so my father and I took advantage of that and got our run at 5:15 p.m.

I had planned to do 2 laps at 10 mins, by effort, because I had been running easy in the last few days and on Sunday`s effort I felt like a failure. Today I felt like crap, but I was going to try it anyway.

My father went ahead, but I knew that as soon as I start the workout I would pass him or at least He would have to accelerate to keep with me. I got to the conservatory in 8:16 something like that, then did 1 lap easy (6:41) to finish up my warm up, felt better than when I started, but felt dead indeed. I started the 2 faster laps though and I was going to abort in the 1st lap, but when I saw 5:06, I said, hey I am not running that bad eventhough the effort suggest otherwise, so I kept running at that effort till the end of 2nd faster lap which came in 5:13, Felt tired and was huffing and puffing a lot, I even had to stop but around 10-15 secs to catch my breath before continuing my cool down. I am in very bad shape and another person who I had not seen in a while told me that I was fat. Yea I know!!!

Completed 2 more laps easy in 6:50 and 6:29, then back home and sped up in the last 100-120m to finish up my 7.5k in 46:00. My father came some time later in 48:47. The heat was strong, not as bad as previous days, but it is still very hot.

Anyway, at least I ran harder than easy, those slow easy runs get old after a while and dont build your fitness unless you are increasing a lot of mileage or you are a novice. So bring on the workouts!!

I am not feeling very well, feel fat, but hey I gota have patience and fitness wil come, or at least that is what they say!

Have a great Wednesday and be careful of Irma!

I dont know if I ll be able to run tomorrow since the hurricane arrive  just after midnight, We will see!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario